Toronto wearing whites at Home!

UnionAMG

I can't believe nobody else picked up on this.

But I just realize that the Toronto is wearing their whites at home (and we are obv wearing darks). I knew the NHL was giong to make a rule change next year so that Division games would have home whites-road darks.... but didnt hear anything about them doing it this year.

Anybody know whats up?

Anyways, I really like the idea of home whites!

But I just realize that the Toronto is wearing their whites at home (and we are obv wearing darks). I knew the NHL was giong to make a rule change next year so that Division games would have home whites-road darks.... but didnt hear anything about them doing it this year.

Anybody know whats up?

We picked up on it, it's just that we can tell the difference between home and 3rds.

Their third jersey, which is call the tampax jersey, reflexs just how they played tonight.... White with a touch of red

Wrong. Simply wrong. Funny, but wrong. :sick:

Montreal has worn their "throwback whites" at home a few times this season as well.

As for next year, there really hasn't been any official announcement by the league yet. WGR reported about a month ago that teams would switch back to wearing whites at home, but there's nothing about this coming from any official NHL peeps.

There also have been rumors that no teams will be allowed to wear 3rd jerseys in 07-08, while other rumors have stated that teams will wear home whites vs divisional opponents, but dark jerseys at home vs all other opponents. I figure we'll probably find out sometime this summer.

they should switch home colors every year or couple of years

Disagree....it bothered me when teams started wearing the dark jerseys at home, since every team in pretty much every sport (NFL being an exception) would always wear their "white" version of jerseys at home and gray/dark jerseys on the road. It would be nice if the NHL could pick one convention and stick with it.

Anybody know whats up?

I have seen the Laffs do this a few times this season. it's like they are privelaged or something.

Archived