20 Games Over 0.500

Taro T

With tonight's win, the Sabres are 20 games over 0.500 for the 1st time since they ended '83-'84 with a 48-25-7 for 103 points and 2nd place in the Adams Division.

With only 29 games left it will be tough to get to 30 games over (need to go 19-9-1 during a compressed schedule) but if they get there, it will be the 1st time since the end of the '79-'80 season (47-17-16). They ended that season on a 14 game unbeaten streak (8-0-6) before cruising through the Canucks and Black Hawks. They then had a 9 day layoff waiting for the Isles and found themselves down 3-0 before they refound their legs. They went on to lose to the eventual SC champs 4-2.

The number I care more about is 16. 16 points ahead of ninth place. With 2-3 games in hand on almost everyone.

With Philly in the midst of a free fall the Sabres can gain a strangle hold on a top four spot.

I know it's way too early but I hope the Devils stumble a little bit. They are the only team I don't want to see in the playoffs. At least not in round one.

The number I care more about is 16. 16 points ahead of ninth place. With 2-3 games in hand on almost everyone.

With Philly in the midst of a free fall the Sabres can gain a strangle hold on a top four spot.

I know it's way too early but I hope the Devils stumble a little bit. They are the only team I don't want to see in the playoffs. At least not in round one.

I couldn't agree more here. I much rather hold the 4th spot but more importantly advoid the devils. Other than the Sens we can take any team in a 4 game series but the Devils will be trouble.

alot of people said this team would sink in 30 odd games or so.... but they've been steady against all odds and adversity when in the past they would have failed... this is a team to be proud of... lets just hope we don't turn into the san jose of west.... awsome one year... just plain terrible the next.... i think this team has alot more chemistry and desire then that though.

Archived