6 WEEKS!!!!

Scotty

Let me describe this scenario....

You live in Rochester, you travel quite a bit for work. So you buy 300 level tickets at double the price on stubhub with 8 of your friends for Saturday's Boston Buins game. This will most likely be the only Sabes game you go to (unless playoff tickets fall from heaven). Your favorite player is the Mad Russian who wears #61. In fact you like him so much you spend every lunch break on the internet finding a jersey during the month of December. You get this beutiful jersey on December 24th just in time for Santa to squeeze his fat ass down the chimney.

And Guess what the hockey Gods do to you....

That's right they break a bone in your favorite players wrist and he spends the next 6 WEEKS riding the pine.

Well folks, if you are at this game come on over to section 312 row 11 and see a drunk member of MAX nation.

P.S. I really like Paestch, wish I had another jersey.

-Scotty Max Nation Member # 666

WOW! :death: :censored: :death: :censored: :death:

I am gonna remain positive everyone! :D

Max comes back just in time for the playoffs??? And turns it on... :D

The Hockey Gods have spoken:

"Turn thou Sabres into thou Hardest Working Team in hockey... Or die a quick playoff death!"

The positive in this?... The Swords HAVE TO WORK AT IT!

Lets put a clinic on and show Toronto ONE better! :nana:

Another positive you say?

Well... IF, make that WHEN the Sabres WIN the Cup... More names get to go on the Cup because some of the young Amerks will have met the minimum requirements during the season!

:D

I ordered my Afinogenov jersey on Thanksgiving and it just arrived today... and then he gets hurt. And it's funny, because I too am an avid Nathan Paetsch supporter, and was just thinking earlier how I should have gotten his jersey.

So YOU ARE the bad mojo! :nana:

Wasn't Max hurt on Thanksgiving and still out?

:blink:

I wonder who were gonna call up this time. I would think Stafford might be returning. But who would the other one be? Maybe Zagrapan? I don't remember seeing him up lately. Maybe MacArthur or Ryan? I guess we'll see who Randy C thinks is ready for a/another shot.

Anybody hear about Novotny? Is he injured too? Even though he's been pretty invisible for a while, I think we need all the healthy-ish bodies we can use.

OUT 1/2 as long as Max... 2-3 weeks... :censored: The OIL!... What a waste of a game!... At least Danny made them pay!... I hope they miss the playoffs!

With the size lost between Gaustad & Novotny, maybe this will be the time that Mancari finally gets a shot. If not, look for Stafford(big, but not really physical) & MacArthur(not that big) to both get called up OR....

Darcy decides that Max is done for the regular season and makes a move to bring in some size & grit on the forward lines.

i don't believe these injuries are the end of the world. i like the idea that perhaps max will be more fresh for the playoffs. he has not shined as much during the playoffs and maybe the long season has played in to it.

we've got a huge lead. first in the conference would sure be nice, but i agree with many other folks that this is a great time to give some of the other kids some experience.

i still believe we need the gary roberts-like player and some D-man depth, but i dont' think b/c of these injuries last night that the TSN trade tracker should be littered with sabre deals the next morning after - the sense of urgency for darcy does not chagne IMO

Archived