Official Micheal Pica to Buffalo Campaign

Toddkaz

I think we should trade Biron for Peca and a D-man.

Peca can add some serious toughness to the team and a return to Buffalo could be exactly what we and him needs. From what i here he is doing a great job in Edmonton and I don't think he would ruin the "Chemistry"

He would look good in a Sabres uniform again and it is a viable rumour.

I can't see it happening, especially with the bad blood between himself and management.

Didnt he go off on the Sabres before the season about how noone wanted to come to Buffalo under Ruff+Regier?.. maybe I am dreaming.

Pica? What's the point? Sorry, inside publishing joke. Way inside.

Mike was one of my all-time favorite Sabres, and if I thought for a second he was the player he was in 98 and 99, I would go out to Edmonton and push him back in an ornate rickshaw, fanning him and feeding him grapes along the way. But sometimes our idealized memories of people are best left in our imagination.

As someone else said, it would be a jolt to team chemistry -- he couldn't be Captain Crunch again. Besides, he's not the Mike Peca of old any more, is he?

In addition to what everyone else has said. Why would we trade for a Center? That would just be stupid. We have so much depth at Center once we get healthy it's ridiculious. We have Briere, Drury, Connolly, Roy and Gaustad. The point of a trade is to try and improve your team. Why would we bring someone in at a position where we don't need improvement?

what is wrong with Micheal Peca?

and what do you think you will get for Biron? Ian Laperierre? or a 2nd round pick?

This is from one of my posts in another thread: IMO bringing Peca back to Buffalo would be a huge mistake. His role as a "defensive forward" has been significantly diminished due to the fast pace of the "new" NHL. Bottom line is he isn't the same player he was. Sure, he was good in the playoffs for us, but that was 6-7 years ago now.

He is also whiney, he would want the "C", he would be a nightmare in that locker room, and he has an ego that has no place in this organization, in Ruff's system, or on a team full of young, hungry players.

Also, Biron for Laparierre and a 2nd rounder.....why would we want Laparierre? He's a grinder who goons it up occasionally, and isn't even great at doing that. The 2nd rounder would be nice, but packaged with a defenseman.

I don't understand why Sabre fans continue to overrate Peca. He wasn't worth the money when he has here and he has nothing left now.

He hasn't been an offensive presence is seasons, he doesn't hit anywhere near as much as he used to, he was always a terrible leader (one of the biggest misconceptions in Buffalo hockey circles is that Peca was a good leader; the "C" was given to him as a negotiation tool and he caused numerous issues in the locker rooms in NY and Buffalo), and he really isn't special defensively anymore either.

If Peca were making a million dollars, I wouldn't want him here. After taking account what he's being paid, to give up anything of value for Peca is laughable. I honestly wouldn't swing a 7th rounder for him. You could spend the money much more efficiently.

Archived