Official Micheal Pica to Buffalo Campaign

Toddkaz

I can't see it happening, especially with the bad blood between himself and management.

Didnt he go off on the Sabres before the season about how noone wanted to come to Buffalo under Ruff+Regier?.. maybe I am dreaming.

not to mention that massive salary too... isn't he still making 4 million... or something crazy like that?

The more I think about Peca back in a Sabres uni, the more I like it. No, he cannot be the player he was in 1999. But can he be Andrew Peters? Yup.

It also would heal the wounds caused by a criminal who happened to own the team. His presence in the locker room would I believe, improve the chemistry as there are plenty of guys who knew what he went through.

why do you say it is a false rumor?

what part don't you get sabre61 GO ON THE OILERS WEBSITE AND LOOK FOR YOURSELF it is not my rumour

Reiger and Lowe are negotiating a deal it is said to be

Peca and Reasoner for biron but Lowe wants Afinogenov in the deal.

Making stuff is your game sabre61

do you need me to post the address Biron to edmonton is where all the noise is comming from

I have been on COlorado, Vancouver, Tampa and Edmontons message boards and all of the hockey sites and Edmonton seems to be the front runner

why do you say it is a false rumor?

what part don't you get sabre61 GO ON THE OILERS WEBSITE AND LOOK FOR YOURSELF it is not my rumour

Reiger and Lowe are negotiating a deal it is said to be

Peca and Reasoner for biron but Lowe wants Afinogenov in the deal.

Making stuff is your game sabre61

do you need me to post the address Biron to edmonton is where all the noise is comming from

I have been on COlorado, Vancouver, Tampa and Edmontons message boards and all of the hockey sites and Edmonton seems to be the front runner

But you are getting your news from message boards. How do you know someone on Edmonton's board didn't just make it up?

But you are getting your news from message boards. How do you know someone on Edmonton's board didn't just make it up?

Reports out of Boston say that the Sabres are about to trade G Martin Biron to the Ottawa Senators for RW Daniel Alfredsson and D Wade Redden. The Sabres are looking for added presence on the blue line and increased scoring. Alfredsson and Redden would fill those rolls nicely. The Senators are looking to reform the effective goalie combo of Hasek and Biron, who by all accounts never had the opportunity to set up an effective rotation in the net while they were together in Buffalo. Look for this deal to be finalized sometime next week. Ottawa may be forced to throw in an additional prospect to make this deal happen.

Chatter-it is the noise coming from the nhl sources and media that create the rumors that arise. If you have common sense and the ability to listen closely you can hear it.

Check out TSN, the Sporting News, ESPN, Eklund, Spector, Hockey Forums, Official NHL websites, GM's, Newsprint.

After closely listening they will tell you what teams are doing what.

And if you are really good you can figure out on your own who needs what

I am sorry that you find this confusing but i will clarify a little more

Buffalo extra goalie - Colorado, Vancouver and Edmonton need goalie

thus rumors to those teams. GM's call each other and sources leeked

If you listen closely you can figure out that Noranen is the goalie staying. The chatter with his name on it is very low and most teams looking to the playoffs want someone a little more stable. Biron in most Gm's eyes is not proven himself completely thus the hesitation. Also Theodore is heavily rumored to Tampa, Belfour is also out their heading to Edmonton(not likely) Roloson and Fernendez seem to be the most saught after. Mark Denis also is rumored to be in the goalie mix.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/:

-Rangers want Leetch back

-Oilers desperate for goaltending,Dwayne Roloson,Manny Fernandez,Olaf Kolzig,Martin Biron

-offering Micheal Peca in return

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://v2.hockeybuzz.com/eblog/Default.aspx:

-Carolina may make a serious push for Doug Weight. I am still hearing that Ottawa is the out and out favorite, but I don`t expect Weight to go anywhere until after the olympics. Doesn`t make sense for either side to make the move earlier than needed.

but then again that was just a rumor too <_<

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/NHL_SC-RUMOR:

-The Boston Globe says Bruins goalie Andrew Raycroft is coveted by Edmonton, who would likely offer forward Raffi Torres. Boston would be more interested in center Jarret Stoll, the newspaper said.

-The Edmonton Sun says the Oilers are pushing hard to acquire Sabres goalie Martin Biron, possibly offering a defenseman and RW Radek Dvorak.

-According to the Ottawa Sun, the Oilers are trying to trade defenseman Igor Ulanov and might be tempted into parting with center Michael Peca

Here is another to Edmonton but they are all rumors it is like a soap opera.

How it works is who caves in first and we know darcy isnt desperate so there are chances he may not be traded at all.

If it was me i know i would trade for Biron for the price we are asking. I think many GM's feel the same way but it is a waiting game to see who comes down in price and who is willing to give more then what they want.

What a stupid idea! Peca is to the Sabres as Flutie is to the Bills! Why would anyone want to go backwards? This team has a VERY bright future, I can't think of a worse move to make. They should keep Marty throught the season and make a play for him during the off season when he will be worth even more than he's worth now. Please don't get caught up in these stupid ass rumors.

Jeff

PS: go ahead and edit Mike's last name on the topic line, you spelled it wrong

Chatter-it is the noise coming from the nhl sources and media that create the rumors that arise. If you have common sense and the ability to listen closely you can hear it.

Check out TSN, the Sporting News, ESPN, Eklund, Spector, Hockey Forums, Official NHL websites, GM's, Newsprint.

After closely listening they will tell you what teams are doing what.

And if you are really good you can figure out on your own who needs what

I am sorry that you find this confusing but i will clarify a little more

Buffalo extra goalie - Colorado, Vancouver and Edmonton need goalie

thus rumors to those teams. GM's call each other and sources leeked

If you listen closely you can figure out that Noranen is the goalie staying. The chatter with his name on it is very low and most teams looking to the playoffs want someone a little more stable. Biron in most Gm's eyes is not proven himself completely thus the hesitation. Also Theodore is heavily rumored to Tampa, Belfour is also out their heading to Edmonton(not likely) Roloson and Fernendez seem to be the most saught after. Mark Denis also is rumored to be in the goalie mix.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/:

-Rangers want Leetch back

-Oilers desperate for goaltending,Dwayne Roloson,Manny Fernandez,Olaf Kolzig,Martin Biron

-offering Micheal Peca in return

http://v2.hockeybuzz.com/eblog/Default.aspx:

-Carolina may make a serious push for Doug Weight. I am still hearing that Ottawa is the out and out favorite, but I don`t expect Weight to go anywhere until after the olympics. Doesn`t make sense for either side to make the move earlier than needed.

but then again that was just a rumor too <_<

None of those links worked.

I think the point everyone is trying to make is that there is no way to know the credibility of a source. Sure the Weight one actually happened, but how many of them never come true? If a source that is not credible gets credible information every now and then, that doesn't make them a credible source.

Wasn't Peca just traded to the Oilers after the got our other rejects (Sh*tnik and Satan)

I would take him only if he was making less than a 1/4 of his current salary and it was a package with someone else (like a defenseman and Peca for Biron)

Why would we be willing to take on a guy who hasn't lasted a year with his current team?

I think we should trade Biron for Peca and a D-man.

Peca can add some serious toughness to the team and a return to Buffalo could be exactly what we and him needs. From what i here he is doing a great job in Edmonton and I don't think he would ruin the "Chemistry"

He would look good in a Sabres uniform again and it is a viable rumour.

The above is from your initial post, so this is your "campaign." The sources you listed are junk sources with little to no credibility. Thats why they are rumors. Just because a message board says something, that doesnt make it a fact. Most is opinion, just like all of us are writing in this thread. Also, just because a newspaper speculates on possible trade partners, players, etc doesnt make it true. Any of us can do it. For example, we can say ok Tkachuk is available because he is on the worst team, they need a goalie, the Sabres have an extra goalie, so we are trading for Tkachuk...that doesn't make it true.

A trade for is not going to happen. Regeir is not stupid. He has more patience than anyone else in the league and he isn't going to bring that player and inject him into this young locker room. Peca is worth Pyatt and a 3rd rounder maybe. Including Reasoner also makes zero sense, and why the hell would we ever give up Afinogenov in this God-awful supposed deal anyway?

Reports out of Boston say that the Sabres are about to trade G Martin Biron to the Ottawa Senators for RW Daniel Alfredsson and D Wade Redden. The Sabres are looking for added presence on the blue line and increased scoring. Alfredsson and Redden would fill those rolls nicely. The Senators are looking to reform the effective goalie combo of Hasek and Biron, who by all accounts never had the opportunity to set up an effective rotation in the net while they were together in Buffalo. Look for this deal to be finalized sometime next week. Ottawa may be forced to throw in an additional prospect to make this deal happen.

I think my pants just got a little tighter...

then i woke up.

What a stupid idea! Peca is to the Sabres as Flutie is to the Bills! Why would anyone want to go backwards? This team has a VERY bright future, I can't think of a worse move to make. They should keep Marty throught the season and make a play for him during the off season when he will be worth even more than he's worth now. Please don't get caught up in these stupid ass rumors.

Jeff

PS: go ahead and edit Mike's last name on the topic line, you spelled it wrong

yes thank you.... lets leave this be... no more rumours... its not healthy for the guys playing on the ice! i don't think guys want to hear there going to be moved... even if its just on the message board word can get around... rumours are bad for team morale and chemistry.... again, granted this is just a message board but it gets out.... what we don't need is rumours made up by others fans on other message boards... you give me concrete rumors that were taken from ACTUAL GM's and not Fantasy leauge gm's.... then ill listen... this whole thread is a waste of pixels...

Archived