Kaleta?

niagara66

In 37 games with the Amerks he has 2g 7a +1 and 78 PIM.

I'll admit, I can't wait to see this kid from Angola get a shot. I think he'll be like the Water Boy. He'll be whimpering like a dog on a leash sitting on the bench waiting to go over the boards and crush anything that is not a Sabre.

Is he still too undisciplined? Is it too early? Anybody hear anything or see anything in Rochacha?

He is a giant pest that causes other teams to take penalties and not really worry too much about playing hockey.

I have heard he's like a young Matt Barnaby, which sounds good. Would like to see a guy like him get a shot in the NHL since I have basically had it with Adam Mair.

i've seen him play in Rochester, his play is very similar to gaustad. I wouldn't be surprised if the sabres pulled him up to see if he could fill in for the goose. He's very physical and tough, makes the other team make stupid plays by giving the puck up. I'd be interested to see how well he does in the NHL. I think they should give him a chance.

I have heard he's like a young Matt Barnaby, which sounds good. Would like to see a guy like him get a shot in the NHL since I have basically had it with Adam Mair.

I see him being better than Barney. He can definitely fight better, especially for a smaller guy. He's a lefty, so when someone drops the gloves with him, they usually catch a few hard lefts before realizing where he is throwing from. The kid has no fear. I'd rather see him replace Novotny for a few games.

I see him being better than Barney. He can definitely fight better, especially for a smaller guy. He's a lefty, so when someone drops the gloves with him, they usually catch a few hard lefts before realizing where he is throwing from. The kid has no fear. I'd rather see him replace Novotny for a few games.

The best comparison imo is Scott Nichol.

The guy gets under everyone's skill and is very quick. Gives his all on each shift and the best recap was the guy who said he's a pest. He rarly takes stupid penalties too, so don't be thrown off by his high number of PIM for a rookie.

Another guy i like is Dylan Hunter. The guy is a great penalty killer.

LetsGoSabres.com Prospect Watch feature on Kaleta:

http://www.letsgosabres.com/pressbox/fulls...hp?newsid=10159

sounds good to me. sabres could use a guy to get under the skin of the other team... if we get one or two PP from his work then its more than worth it. sounds like peters is gonna get a nicer seat in the press box ;)

Archived