Spacek Has Broken Hand

bob_sauve28

From the news:

The Sabres went into Saturday night's game against the Calgary Flames knowing they had lost one of their heart-and-soul players. Then defenseman Jaroslav Spacek left the game in the first period with a broken left hand.

"I'm not going to put a time on it," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said of how long they'll be without their big-ticket offseason acquisition. "But you're looking at weeks."

Spacek, playing for the first time after missing three games with a bum knee, suffered the injury while blocking a slap shot. He sat on the bench and rocked back in forth in agony before heading back to the trainer's room, a team doctor leaping from the HSBC Arena stands to follow him.

"I knew probably it was broke right away," Spacek said. "I was swelling a lot.

"I think it'll be a couple of weeks. I've got to see a doctor Monday morning again. . . . I just want to come back and play the game, help the team. It is frustrating."

From the news:

Spacek, playing for the first time after missing three games with a bum knee, suffered the injury while blocking a slap shot. He sat on the bench and rocked back in forth in agony before heading back to the trainer's room, a team doctor leaping from the HSBC Arena stands to follow him.

i think he broke it by blocking a shot. <_<

Archived