Frozen Moment

inkman

Unfortunately, the cap room really wasn't available. Especially if they were optimistic about Connolly playing sooner rather than later.

I absolutely agree on the cap. Just saying he would have had more upside than either Grier or McKee, and would have been cheaper. Hindsight says we should have held onto Pyatt and let Big Al walk. Maybe Kotalik can start playing out of character again, though.

Many people talk about the loss of Grier and McKee, but I'd've rather kept him over either of them. I thought he was one of the bright spots of that Carolina series last year. He just needed to grow up ala Campbell, Connelly, Vanek, and Max.

When Pyatt was on top of his game last year, he showed signs of a Todd Bertuzzi (of his prime), but when he played bad, he looked like an average AHLer. I don't really miss Pyatt. Mike Grier is the guy i miss most, he always faced the opponents top line, always went head to head vs. the other teams top guys, and he was a force on the penalty kill. I think he led the forwards in blocked shots and was our best defensive forward. With Grier on our roster, we eliminate a few losses due to our poor PK..... if i could get one player back i'd be Grier.

Archived