The next three

wjag

Playing NJ and Atlanta on the road and then flying home to play Ottawa the next day ought to be a pretty good indicator about this team.

They had a similar stretch in late December, but they had the home ice luxury.

Based on how they are playing Ottawa this year, this one doesn't bode well. And on top of playing, flying, and playing again in 24 hours, it figures to be a Marty game as well.

This should be a tough week, 0-3 is possible as well as 1-2 and 2-1. Don't think it is realistic to think they could sweep the week.

Should be interesting to watch. At least they are healthly again...

Don't think it is realistic to think they could sweep the week.

I disagree. We have two days off between the NJ and Atlanta game. That's plenty of time for rest, so the Ottawa game is the only one where that could be a problem. Yes, Ottawa will be coming off 3 days rest. But how often have we seen the rested team come out flat against the team that just played the night before?

Yeah, I'm an optimist, but I don't that that has anything to do with thinking we can realistically win the next three. We're #1 in the conference, #2 in the league. It's time to start playing like that again.

I disagree. We have two days off between the NJ and Atlanta game. That's plenty of time for rest, so the Ottawa game is the only one where that could be a problem. Yes, Ottawa will be coming off 3 days rest. But how often have we seen the rested team come out flat against the team that just played the night before?

Yeah, I'm an optimist, but I don't that that has anything to do with thinking we can realistically win the next three. We're #1 in the conference, #2 in the league. It's time to start playing like that again.

Don't get me wrong, the Sabres are capable of winning all three, but their competition is #2 and #3 in the conference, both division leaders and on home ice. If NJ/ATL bring their A game, the Sabres could play a very good, competitve game and still lose. The Sabres could play like crap and lose. Or, more realistically, they may split the first two and then have to play the Sens on little to no rest, with no morning skate and knowing that Ottawa is in their head. This is just a difficult schedule week.

I've been saying this for the past 3-4 Ottawa games, and been wrong each time, but what the heck: I expect us to come out flying and PO'd against Ottawa and get some payback.

I also think Miller gets the start tonight vs. NJ, is PO'd about being benched, and is razor sharp. Last time we played NJ, it seemed like we were good and motivated to make the statement that we could play NJ's style and win, which is exactly what happened. So I expect a 2-1 or 3-2 Sabres win.

That leaves the middle game vs Atlanta, with a long plane trip and a possible letdown following the hypothetical statement win vs. NJ. Plus Atlanta getting us in their building after we smacked them around last time (we won 4-1) in HSBC. Potential trouble there.

Archived