QUIT YER COMPLAINING!

Sabretooth73

OK, OK, let me preface this post with saying that I too am worried and disgusted, frustrated, etc with the recent play and results of this Sabres team.

I predicted them to lose to Columbus, I just had a feeling it would happen, and I was right.

I am not too confident in them at this point of the season.

That being said...lets look at some positives.

They are 33-14-4...tied for 2nd most pts in the NHL

They are not getting blow out, they are losing some close games.

Its a long season, and last years team had worse losing streaks than this current one or any all year for that matter.

What were people saying last year when they lost like 6 in a row??? Im sure people werent saying, "well its a long season, they will be just fine"

So relax!

Its not over yet. I predict a sweep of Boston this week, and a good February.

Then, its March and the playoffs even closer.... you wanna be peaking in late march/april, not late january, early february.

The team is too talented to let it all go to waste.

Then again, it is a BUFFALO team, we could all be setting ourselves up for the ultimate letdown when they dont win the Cup this year.

agreed, it certainly isnt time to jump ship on making the playoffs or even having a chance to win it, but there still should be a shake up.

as soon as we get rid of the complacentcy that has set over the sabres, and get them to start fighting for every game then we will be fine. our biggest losing streak is only 3 games...

OK, OK, let me preface this post with saying that I too am worried and disgusted, frustrated, etc with the recent play and results of this Sabres team.

I predicted them to lose to Columbus, I just had a feeling it would happen, and I was right.

I am not too confident in them at this point of the season.

That being said...lets look at some positives.

They are 33-14-4...tied for 2nd most pts in the NHL

They are not getting blow out, they are losing some close games.

Its a long season, and last years team had worse losing streaks than this current one or any all year for that matter.

What were people saying last year when they lost like 6 in a row??? Im sure people werent saying, "well its a long season, they will be just fine"

So relax!

Its not over yet. I predict a sweep of Boston this week, and a good February.

Then, its March and the playoffs even closer.... you wanna be peaking in late march/april, not late january, early february.

The team is too talented to let it all go to waste.

Then again, it is a BUFFALO team, we could all be setting ourselves up for the ultimate letdown when they dont win the Cup this year.

This is all true, IF they were losing games, but putting in a winning effort in the loses. Its easier to accpet a losing streak when they are putting forth a winning effort and not just sitting back and taking periods off like they have been.

Teams are no longer fearing playing the Sabres knowing they are going to get beat. They know hoe to beat them and are almost laughing at them now. Look at Columbus, they came out after the game and said they know exactly how to play Buffalo, PLAY PHYSICAL, cause the Sabres players will back down for fear of getting hit. You won't win a cup that way. The record is not a good way at looking at how well they have played. Look at the first couple games, I think there were only a few of us that noted that the win streak was a concern cause too many of the wins were coming after they blew a lead or had to go to a shootout. Most here turned a blind eye and said it just meant this team could turn it on and off and that they could come back.

We aren't complaining, or giving up on them, or getting off the bandwagon, we just aren't willing to drink the koolaid and ignore the problem that exists.

Archived