Sabres are lacking KILL... J. P. and Grier is missed!

navybillsfan

Not that this team is good....

But a cup run is nill I feel unless Darcy takes a look at Carolina and sees what they did to get there.

1. J P is playing great... Too bad not in a Sabres uni.... This guy is missed!

2. Grier on the PP and some of the ruff play this guy provided is missed...

3. Darcy needs to end the Biron thing now. Lets get some value for this guy.. There are teams out there who want him and will give some up some players for him.

4. Tim needs to either get better or its time for Buffalo to cut wind with him. That is a ton of cap money needed

5. Darcy needs to look at Carolina and see what they did. Go out and get some crafty vets to help this team out. Then.... Cut them, just like Carolina did after their cup parade...

6. The power play is HORRIBLE! 5-3, 4-3, 5-4... Dont matter, this team cant score..

Slumping now is good, get this team mean for the second half! I still wish Miller would not play in the All-Star game and get some rest. Same with the rest of the guys. But its great they are playing!

Go Sabres, give us one championship in Buffalo!!!

They must really like Grier playing alongside Marleau and Thornton, because the Sharks have even given him some PP time (~35 minutes)and he has scored a pair of PP goals...

As for Biron, I have no problem trading him for someone who could help - LA needs to stabilize their goaltending situation right now - but as we discussed in this thread the questions that need to be asked are this - are the Sabres better off with Marty on the bench as an insurance policy throughout the playoffs; or can we trade Marty for some forward/defensive help, and then swing a deal to pick up an experienced, cheaper backup? It depends on what, if anything, teams will offer off their roster for Marty.

Connolly? I think Darcy's trade deadline dealings will all revolve around him, and whether they are realistically expecting him to come back in time for the playoffs, and contribute at a reasonably high level. If not, I expect him to pull the trigger on some sort of deal while clearing some cap space.

And yes, the PP is God-awful, ugly, atrocious - almost any negative adjective you can come up with. Before it was a curiosity, a puzzle to be solved - why is the PP sucking? - but we were still winning. Now it is starting to cost us games, so the panic button and flashing alarms should be going off everywhere...

15:11. Still...

Grier led the forwards in shorthanded ice time, though, and I think that's where the guy has really been missed.

Obviously it's a big loss, but I think Tallinder being out has had more of a negative impact on the PK. He came back for a few games and then they had that streak of 17-19 consecutive kills. They fell apart again in the Ottawa game with Tallinder in the lineup, but that one might have been more of a fluke.

Archived