NHL on NBC

Corp000085

its the pens vs. flyers. The game itself sucks, because well, its the friggin penguins vs. the cryers. However, NBC has really toned down the "hockey for dummies" announcing crew. There's some Crosby love, but they've also been critical of his horrible performance in the faceoff circle. They're also ripping forsberg for being "washed up". Also, for as much as I still hate Hull for the No Goal situation, he's been entertaining during the intermissions. The whole broadcast is NOT empire sports network or the msg sabres broadcasts, but it is watchable which is an upgrade over last year

its the pens vs. flyers. The game itself sucks, because well, its the friggin penguins vs. the cryers. However, NBC has really toned down the "hockey for dummies" announcing crew. There's some Crosby love, but they've also been critical of his horrible performance in the faceoff circle. They're also ripping forsberg for being "washed up". Also, for as much as I still hate Hull for the No Goal situation, he's been entertaining during the intermissions. The whole broadcast is NOT empire sports network or the msg sabres broadcasts, but it is watchable which is an upgrade over last year

In Buffalo, we get the Bruins and Rangers instead. But we also get Hockey Day in Canada as an option today on CBC.

NBC sucks. They've been running a commercial for their NHL coverage with a bunch of highlights. During one, they show a Dallas goal and put a Rick Jeanneret audio clip over it. Blasphemy!

does this mean that RJ will do the sabres game when they're on nbc? that would be awesome!

NBC sucks. They've been running a commercial for their NHL coverage with a bunch of highlights. During one, they show a Dallas goal and put a Rick Jeanneret audio clip over it. Blasphemy!

What, the Sabres goal highlight from RJ's call wasn't as exciting as the Dallas goal? Bastards! :angry:

Jeanneret could call a goal in a game between two pee-wee teams that he's never seen before and doesn't care about, and it still would be a better call than that of any other announcer. His goal calls of Sabre opponents are just as exciting as his calls of Sabre goals (even if he does not seem as excitED).

The guy is good. Scary good. NBC is right to use his calls to promote its coverage.

In Buffalo, we get the Bruins and Rangers instead. But we also get Hockey Day in Canada as an option today on CBC.

I've gotta update my own post--towards the end of the HDiC broadcast, they're showing footage from an elementary school classroom in western Canada. The kids are all waving banners for their favorite teams; there naturally are more Oilers and Flames banners than anything else, and there are some Leaves and Habs banners, too.

But one kid--couldn't see his/her face--has my attention. The kid is waving a VINTAGE Sabre logo banner. Hey, kid from western Canada, cool.

I thought that Hull's reaction to the no goal was great! He played the Heel role (that's for you navy...) perfectly. Basically, he stated that it was a goal because his ring says so. Then he made some sort of "cheat to win" comment and that he never played by the rules, and that the rule wasn't enforced. Basically, he played off that situation by using the classic pro wrestling style of "it was bogus, but what the f**k are you gonna do about it?" Still can't stand the guy, but he's a character!

Archived