Don't feel bad about the Ottawa game

Doohickie

That kind of thing happens, even to good teams.

A couple other things I thought I would share from my days living in Detroit. I'm pretty sure whoever lost the season series between the Wings and Avs in the mid to late 90s, won the playoff series every time. Also, in the 97 playoffs, the Wings and Avs traded consecutive 7-1 games during the playoff series where each team won a game.

Blowouts happen, even to good teams. The good teams, though, quickly put those games behind them and move on.

That kind of thing happens, even to good teams.

A couple other things I thought I would share from my days living in Detroit. I'm pretty sure whoever lost the season series between the Wings and Avs in the mid to late 90s, won the playoff series every time. Also, in the 97 playoffs, the Wings and Avs traded consecutive 7-1 games during the playoff series where each team won a game.

Blowouts happen, even to good teams. The good teams, though, quickly put those games behind them and move on.

The Sabres seem to be doing a better job of putting the loses behind them than the Sens do the wins.

The Sabres are 3-1 in games played after playing the Sens.

The Sens as previously stated in another thread are 1-3.

Well said.

With my life experience, I guess I have a different perspective with respect to sports fandom compared to the average Sabres fan.

I grew up in Cheektowaga, went to school near Albany. During school, I started to lose touch with the Sabres (early 80s; pre-internet). Then I moved to Los Angeles. The Kings were a nothing team in terms of fan interest. Considering all the other stuff in L.A., hockey had almost no coverage in those days- you really had to work for it. So I lost touch with hockey in general. In 87 I moved to Fort Worth. Still, no hockey (Stars hadn't come to town yet).

In 91 I moved to Detroit. After a long absence from hockey, I started following it again. At first I took in all the Sabres I could find, but in Hockeytown you can't hardly escape the Red Wings. In 91, the Wings were frustrated first- or second-round victims. Through the 90s they got progressively better until winning the Cup in 97 for the first time in 42 years. It's hard to remember what the Wings were like back then, but think of maybe where Toronto is now and you get an idea- a decent, Original 6 team but don't expect them to do anything post season. I watched them grow (and sometimes retreat) in their drive for the Cup. It's not always a hard push forward; there are always setbacks. Everyone thinks of the Wings as one of the premier organizations in the league, but a little over 10 years ago, no one would have thought that. They were struggling.

I look at the Sabres today, and they are progressing faster than the Wings. Really. So when everyone one goes gloom and doom on this board, I take it with a grain of salt. I really believe there is a Cup in Buffalo's nearterm future, probably this year. If not this year, the following year or two.

I was kind of thinking this is off topic, but it really isn't: One bad game... even FOUR bad games against Ottawa, do not lessen Buffalo's odds of getting the Cup this year. When the playoffs come, the Sabres will be ready for the Sens; you can be sure of that. :thumbsup:

The Sabres seem to be doing a better job of putting the loses behind them than the Sens do the wins.

The Sabres are 3-1 in games played after playing the Sens.

The Sens as previously stated in another thread are 1-3.

They say you can make numbers jump through hoops, so let me hold out some number treats and see if I can get some digits to fly through the air:

After beating the Sabres twice in three games, the Sens went on a 7-1 tear. After beating the Sabres for the third time, they went 4-2-1. They seem to have fed off big wins over the Sabres.

Here number number.

They say you can make numbers jump through hoops, so let me hold out some number treats and see if I can get some digits to fly through the air:

After beating the Sabres twice in three games, the Sens went on a 7-1 tear. After beating the Sabres for the third time, they went 4-2-1. They seem to have fed off big wins over the Sabres.

Here number number.

Ask and you shall receive.

The Sens are 0-5 in the games before meeting the Sabres. Doing simple public school math makes the Sens 1-8 in games sandwiching Sabre games. Saturdays game against the Devils outstanding.

What does all this mean?

Let's add in the 4-1 record against the Leafs. In fact the Sens have a 9-7-0 division record. They are 1-5 against the Bruins and Habs.

It looks like the Sens have serious motivational issues. It doesn't look like they can get up for any team unless it's the Leafs or Sabres.

Also,

The "7-1 tear" was followed by an 0-5. The "4-2-1" followed by an 2-6. It's looks like any momentum gained by beating the Sabres wears off like a sugar high.

I shall wait for your response :D

Archived