Did Briere play tonite?

Goodfella25

Just an obervation, but although his offensive stats have been good this year, he doesn't look as hungry. Remember last couple years when he was always around the net, flying into/stealing the puck from goalies, didn't care if he was the first one into the corner? Where has that been this year? Where was that tonite??? When we were down 4-0 I was thinking "this is where you turn to your big names(well, your high-paid guys) to get you going"...and where was Mr. $5 million? According to NHL.com, he had one shot on goal all game (in the first period) and a giveaway, and a -2 rating. Not to mention he floated for all 14 minutes that he played and was out there for Heatley's shorthanded goal. Pathetic performance at a time when you look to a guy like that to get you going. Granted nobody else had a fantastic night, but he is a co-captain for a reason and when we needed him to step it up he did nothing but float.

Just an obervation, but although his offensive stats have been good this year, he doesn't look as hungry. Remember last couple years when he was always around the net, flying into/stealing the puck from goalies, didn't care if he was the first one into the corner? Where has that been this year? Where was that tonite??? When we were down 4-0 I was thinking "this is where you turn to your big names(well, your high-paid guys) to get you going"...and where was Mr. $5 million? According to NHL.com, he had one shot on goal all game (in the first period) and a giveaway, and a -2 rating. Not to mention he floated for all 14 minutes that he played and was out there for Heatley's shorthanded goal. Pathetic performance at a time when you look to a guy like that to get you going. Granted nobody else had a fantastic night, but he is a co-captain for a reason and when we needed him to step it up he did nothing but float.

So because he's a captain and worth $5 million he's not allowed to have an off night? Like you said, nobody had a fantastic night. There's no reason to single out the team's leading scorer and one of the game's elite playmakers for one bad contest. Sheesh folks, the sky's not falling here because of one bad loss!

Why single out Briere. Drury is co-captain too and I didn't see much out of him tonight. Let's face it, it was a terrible team outing. There was no part of our game that was good tonight. It happens. We've won 4 times as many games as we've lost... let's get a grip.

You're all missing the point, I am not saying the sky is falling so stop making strawman arguments. I am simply saying that your go-to players need to step it up in these situations and Briere just plain sucked horribly tonite. The reason he is singled out is because he is the highest-paid Sabres, a co-Captain, and supposedly an All-Star. Your allegiance to him amazes me.

You're all missing the point, I am not saying the sky is falling so stop making strawman arguments. I am simply saying that your go-to players need to step it up in these situations and Briere just plain sucked horribly tonite. The reason he is singled out is because he is the highest-paid Sabres, a co-Captain, and supposedly an All-Star. Your allegiance to him amazes me.

Briere does have his games where he is invisible, but I am always amazed that nobody wants to call out Drury for the same thing. He is just as likely(if not more) to disappear for games at a time.

Ahh the jokes from jokers just keep on coming :lol: :lol:

a bad game and were already calling out one of our top players :ph34r:

It was almost better when the team wasn't good, at least then all the bandwagon goofs kept quiet.

Hah thats right keep taking shots at me for being "chicken little" and a "bandwagon goof." That proves how pathetic some of you are that have to use little cheap shots because you know you have nothing substantial to say. If you don't think a player like Briere should have stepped up last night and taken charge of that game then you are living in a fantasy world. That's all this thread was, and if you read my posts you would know that. I think it's important to call out your best players for some accountability each and every time you have a bad game. But instead I have become a bandwagon jumper and a chicken little...interesting logic, or lack of.

Archived