Man Anaheim just keeps winning....

matter2003

man this team is like a machine....they win blowouts, they win close games, they win in OT....

I am waiting for them to hit the wall like the Sabres did, but I have to say I am getting a little concerned that they aren't....and its not like they are playing cupcakes out there...the Western conference has a lot of good teams....

Anyone else getting a little nervous about our chances in an Anaheim/Buffalo Cup Final?

man this team is like a machine....they win blowouts, they win close games, they win in OT....

I am waiting for them to hit the wall like the Sabres did, but I have to say I am getting a little concerned that they aren't....and its not like they are playing cupcakes out there...the Western conference has a lot of good teams....

Anyone else getting a little nervous about our chances in an Anaheim/Buffalo Cup Final?

The way're we're playing, I doubt we'd ever make it to the final.

On the flipside of things, let them win all they want. You learn nothing from winning all the time.

At least we're being taught some valuable lessons right now : "Play overconfident and sloppy - you lose".

They do win... Not to contradict that...

But, they don't win games in shoot or OT... Well maybe sometimes...

You say what?

Buffalo is 24-7-2 (50)

The Ducks are 27-4-6 (60)

Seems they lost 4 more in OT or SO...

Buffalo just has lost more in reg... Which I admit is worse!

But... And the BIG BUTT... :D

Is: Aneheim has played 4 more game, so BFLO has FOUR games in hand!

So... Only ONE reg. game has hurt BFLO.

Yet... BFLO appears to be slumping... I give you that...

If BFLO can rattle 4 off... They are in the same boat!

:nana: :nana:

I probably shouldn't have posted my last reply like that... It is probably confusing? :bag:

What I am saying is that YES, the Ducks are on a run... Yet, compared to the Sabres it isn't that much more of a run... The Ducks do seem to be the better team... But do the math and these teams are similar. The Ducks SEEM to do poorly in the SO/OT... And the Sabres get more "thumped" in regulation... What would you take in the playoffs? In other words, if BFLO can keep it close, they are better than the Ducks.

The Sabres have had injury problems and seem to be on a slow down...

The NHL's "unbalanced" schedule doesn't allow you to adequately evaluate both teams. That won't happen til mid-Jan when the Sabres finally catch up to the Ducks in game's played.

Yes, I know this thread topic is how well the Ducks are playing and I am interjecting a comparison with the Sabres... What did you want me to do? :D :D

My anaylsis to this point is that the Ducks are playing great with no signs of slowing... But, when all the numbers are crunched, really only ONE regulation win better than the Sabres... Because the Ducks have lost 6 in OT (v. The Sabres 2) and The Sabres have lost 3 more in regulation... And The Sabres have 4 games in hand...

So finally, IMO... Again, I have said I won't say how great the Ducks are til mid-January...

Don't ask how I figured out when the Sabres will be balanced with games played... :blush: :blush: I must have been "Jonesing" with the Ducks... ;) Hence, my Presdent's Cup thread... ;)

/end rant...

You are thinking way to far ahead. There is still a whole lot of regular season hockey to be played. Once that is done, the playoffs are brutal and no matter who we face, there are 3 tough playoff series to win before we can even think about the finals.

Archived