Poor, misguided kid...

wudden

Santa was stupefied.

Listening last weekend to children at Santaland at Chestnut Ridge Park, Santa Claus reported on the sports blog bfloblog.com that he heard plenty of pleas from kids for stuff related to the red hot Buffalo Sabres.

Then came the young boy who presented his list, which included a hockey jersey.

"Tell Santa what team, dear," his mom said.

"The Senators, Santa," the boy said.

Santa - who carried the driver's license of Kevin Hosey, director of communications for the Erie County Legislature Democratic majority - told Off Main the boy's mother just shook her head.

"He's been like this ever since his dad got Center Ice," she said, referring to the all-hockey TV package. "They watch hockey all the time."

That poor kid....

That poor kid....

I think that' s f'n awesome from what i heard the kid was only 4 or 5...i remember asking for gi joes and star wars crap--- kids today alot older can't be bothered to watch sports well wait i guess they do NHL 2007 on the playstation at best...Give that lil dude credit===some posters on here i'm sure don't watch all the sabre's games let alone out of town ones.

Also Leave it to the Buffalo news and some idiotic "Democratic Santa" to comment about a 4 year old kid who's supposed to know what to say and what not to say re: hometown hockey and what he wanted for xmas...maybe he should leave the santa playin' to someone else and try harder to communicate and land a million dollar bass pro deal thats more of substance not lies rather than focus on the feelings of a four year old! typical career politician

I just want to go on the record...

I hate our alternate "retro" jersey always have always will. I always like the original whites. But royal blue and yellow stripes makes me want to barf. I know you old-timers love them but that jersey alone as child was a big reason I wasn't a die hard. But today I am back in the fold. Slug and all.

Archived