Need help finding hotel/motel

Derrico

Hey sabre community, me and the girlfriend are from Toronto but huge Sabre fans and we're headin down to Buffalo to catch the Sabre/Canadian game on tuesday but want to spend the night in a cheapish hotel or even a motel but I don't know of any around the arena. I was hoping that it would be close enough to either walk, or take a cab that won't cost me too much (as I'm sure I'll be havin a few beers at the game and therefore can't drive). Anyways, any names of places that I can look up to get the phone number would be awesome. Thanks in advance!!

Derek.

Adams Mark(closest to the arena) sounds like it is out of your price range. Three other options...Hampton Inn on Delaware(right in the heart of the Chippewa bar scene), the Holiday Inn a little farther up Delaware or what used to be the Radisson on Main St. across from the Hyatt. The new name escapes...maybe the Comfort Suites???

You may want to check out the Hampton Inn & Suites (Delaware & Chippewa), Comfort Suites Downtown (Main & Chippewa), or the Hyatt Regency (Fountain Plaza). All are close to the Chippewa Entertainment District, the Theater District, and the light rail line. This time of year, there is also free public ice skating at the Rotary Rink (Fountain Plaza). You can ride the light rail for free to/from HSBC arena, or you can walk. Have fun!

I'd pass on that, but that is just me. Not a good place for out-of-towners to be walking around after dark. :thumbdown:

I was worried about the safety issue as well. Anyways, I ended up getting a room in the Comfort Inn in Amhurst. They told me that it's about a ten minute cab to the arena so I hope so. Thanks to blueandgoldof old for all the info. Also, I've heard alot about Perl Street Grill and thinking about going there before the game, is it worth it? Either way, I'll be cheering hard for our boys with my new Miller jersey.

On a side note, now that I've got the new jersey I actually really don't mind the design of it and I LOVE the colours!

Derek.

I was worried about the safety issue as well. Anyways, I ended up getting a room in the Comfort Inn in Amhurst. They told me that it's about a ten minute cab to the arena so I hope so. Thanks to blueandgoldof old for all the info. Also, I've heard alot about Perl Street Grill and thinking about going there before the game, is it worth it? Either way, I'll be cheering hard for our boys with my new Miller jersey.

On a side note, now that I've got the new jersey I actually really don't mind the design of it and I LOVE the colours!

Derek.

Cancel your Amherst hotel and rebook in the city!

It's not a ten minute ride. More like 30. You're fine in any hotel downtown except the Buffalo Tourist Lodge on Main, which is basically a dive for hookers and drugs. If you can, cancel your stay in Amherst and actually stay in the city, it's worth it. You can ride the MetroRail light rail for free to the Arena from any station on Main St south of Tupper. Any of the downtown hotels will be fine and relatively inexpensive. My favorite it the Comfort Inn on the corner of Delaware and Chippewa (I think its a Comfort Inn now anyway.) Stayiing there will also allow you to party your ass off after the game and walk (less than a block) back to your hotel.

Derek.

Go to the Swanie House or the Cobblestone before the game......Pearl Street is where all of the "wagon-jumper" Sabres fans go

Archived