Pominville

topshelfcookies

In the 3rd period Pominville was involved in a collision right near the Sabres bench. After the hit, his right shoulder immediately dipped towards the ice, and he skated directly off the ice holding it. It looked exactly like he seperated it, or at least popped it out of place.

I was trying to watch for him to return the rest of the game, but can't recall seeing him out there. I meant to call in to WGR for the postgame show, but wasn't able to. Did anyone else notice this? Was I just drunk with jubiliation over the Bills game and having double vision?

Yeah i was worried about that as well, esspicially since he entered the game with an injury. Like wny said, this off-week will do this team so much good. I can't wait til the Friday game, they will be flying on the ice, esspicially with reinforcements being ready to go as well.

Nice pick, Pommer.

I think that was one of the only games I have ever seen where Buffalo got almost every call.

Yeah seriously, they were the most biased refs i've ever seen in my life, even when they are anti-Sabres, it's not usually this bad. They wouldn't call ANYTHING on us and called anything and everything on the NYR. Too bad our PP was a joke last night.

There were at least three muggings by Sabres that went uncalled. I don't ever recall seeing a game so lopsidedly called.

If you look at the NHL videos, you can see what Shannon is complaining about. You get a good look at the Pommer "interference".

Interestingly enough, this was the same crew that did the prior night's Rangers-Guins game. I was watching when they blew the NYR goal call in that one. The puck went in and came back out. But no one including the Rangers caught it. The slow mo showed it conclusively. Theury was in the net which made the puck all that more difficult to see in real time. But it was a clear goal. The Rangers won in OT so other than Pitt getting a point, no harm was done.

There were at least three muggings by Sabres that went uncalled. I don't ever recall seeing a game so lopisidedly called.

If you look at the NHL videos, you can see what Shannon is complaining about. You get a good look at Pommer "interference".

Interestingly enough, this was the same crew that did the prior night's Rangers-Guins game. I was watching when they blew the NYR goal call in that one. The puck went in and came back out. But no one including the Rangers caught it. The slow mo showed it conclusively. Theury was in the net which made the puck all that more difficult to see in real time. But it was a clear goal. The Rangers won in OT so other than Pitt getting a point, no harm was done.

But, i did feel bad for the NYR a little on the bad calls, but not for Shanahan. He took Miller out with a clear hit and then his high stick to Mike Ryan i think? Was he trying to stop him from scoring or was he trying to take his head off?? A day later, i still don't really know. What a cheap bum.

Yeah seriously, they were the most biased refs i've ever seen in my life, even when they are anti-Sabres, it's not usually this bad. They wouldn't call ANYTHING on us and called anything and everything on the NYR. Too bad our PP was a joke last night.

I actually thought our PP looked pretty good, we just couldn't beat Lundqw.....Lundqv.......Lundqu....the Rangers goalie.

There were at least three muggings by Sabres that went uncalled. I don't ever recall seeing a game so lopsidedly called.

If you look at the NHL videos, you can see what Shannon is complaining about. You get a good look at the Pommer "interference".

i agree the "pick" was just that...but i don't think it helped shannahan that his first reaction was to throw his arms up in disgust instead of try to fight off of it.

I don't feel bad for anything... the Rangers 2nd goal shouldn't have even taken place... they were offsides bringing the puck into the zone and it wasn't called... I watched this on TiVo several times, slow-mo and everything. The guy that brought the puck in, skated in kind of sideways backwards and both his feet were fully in the zone well before the puck crossed the blue line. If that gets called, that puck possession never takes place and they don't score that goal. So they can cry all they want about penalties that may or may not have resulted in goals, that no call DID for a fact result in a goal.

Archived