They miss Tallinder BADLY...

LabattBlue

Take a look at the goals against since he has been out. Granted there have been other injuries, but the day Tallinder steps back on the ice can't happen soon enough.

Oct 28 vs Atlanta OTL 4-5

Nov 2 at Boston W 5-4

Nov 4 vs Toronto L 1-4

Nov 5 at NY Rangers W 4-3

Nov 10 vs Florida W 5-4

Nov 11 at Philadelphia W 5-4

Nov 13 at Carolina W 7-4

Nov 15 vs Ottawa L 2-4

Nov 17 vs Pittsburgh W 4-2

Nov 18 at Ottawa L 1-4

Yep, Tallinder and Lydman can't come back soon enough. In addition to the fact that they are great defensement, it also hurts because one of this team's strengths is the ability to have 6 defensemen all with about equal ice time. With Tallinder and Lydman out that is not happening. The other 4 are going to run out of gas with the schedule the way it is right now and all logging that much ice time.

Injuries now is better than in the playoffs.

We're 16-3-1 with injuries throughout the lineup. I'll take that over 20 games anytime.

Also, it's easy to overlook the fact of how comfortable Tallinder and Lydman were as a pairing. they know everything about each other on the ice. What makes these injuries have even more effect is the fact that the defensive pairings have been scrambled. Also, does anyone know the time frame for Tallinder and Lydman. I know Tallinder was a couple months but I'm not sure if that was right.

Archived