Sabres enjoy playing cat and mouse with opponents?

matter2003

Whether its subconcious or what, it seems like the Sabres almost enjoy toying with other teams, like cats do with mice before they pounce on them for the kill....

They let teams take 2 goal leads, they let them back into the game, let them lead late, and then inevitably pounce on them when they need to get the win. It would be one thing if this happened in a game or two, but it happens virtually every night, and it almost seems like these guys are just bored with their opponents and enjoy putting themselves in situations that test their mettle and challenge them. Its like a brilliant kid who sleeps in class because he is so bored with having to learn at the other students pace that he never pays attention, then studies for a few hours before the final and passes---not necessarily with an A, but with a high enough grade to pass the course....

The Sabres remind me a lot of that---just bored with their opponents a lot of the time---knowing that when they need to, they can flip a switch and just flat out dominate them(except in the Toronto game, it didn't work so well)...

Obviously I would like them to stop this type of playing and just put the game away early, but it seems they really do enjoy coming from behind and making things exciting for themselves and the fans...

I know it sounds kinda dumb, but what other explanation is there---its definitely not a case of the other teams being better than they are, because other teams will sometimes play one of their best games of the year against one of our worst and will still lose...

Imagine when we actually decide to play the whole game....that will really be scary

Archived