What do you think of Biron against Atlanta?

Rabbit151

I suppose there is no chance of it, with Miller coming off a shut-out. But there are some pros and cons. The team and coach are reminding everyone that the ultimate goal is the cup, not this record. I mean really, who cares? Do you think there is a chance that too big a sense of accomplishment sets in, distracting players from the big goal?

Biron hasn't played much, sooner or later he needs a bigger role. If he plays, does this strengthen the dressing room? He's the guy the rest of the team points to as being so important to the locker room. To put him out there with a chance to get the record seems like a great idea. Marty is going to have a lot to say about where the Sabres end up this year.

If he plays and loses, then what? How does Miller feel about Biron getting the record-breaking game? It's so vital to be a unified team if you're going to win in professional sports, I see Biron playing -and winning- as a solid chance to make the room even stronger.

Like I say, I don't suppose it matters, Miller will likely get the game, but it's a thought I'm throwing out there for discussion. (BTW, I have to admit that more and more, Miller looks like the real thing. I was iffy on Miller last year. (Too bad he'll probably ditch Buffalo for Detroit at the first chance)

I suppose there is no chance of it, with Miller coming off a shut-out. But there are some pros and cons. The team and coach are reminding everyone that the ultimate goal is the cup, not this record. I mean really, who cares? Do you think there is a chance that too big a sense of accomplishment sets in, distracting players from the big goal?

Biron hasn't played much, sooner or later he needs a bigger role. If he plays, does this strengthen the dressing room? He's the guy the rest of the team points to as being so important to the locker room. To put him out there with a chance to get the record seems like a great idea. Marty is going to have a lot to say about where the Sabres end up this year.

If he plays and loses, then what? How does Miller feel about Biron getting the record-breaking game? It's so vital to be a unified team if you're going to win in professional sports, I see Biron playing -and winning- as a solid chance to make the room even stronger.

Like I say, I don't suppose it matters, Miller will likely get the game, but it's a thought I'm throwing out there for discussion. (BTW, I have to admit that more and more, Miller looks like the real thing. I was iffy on Miller last year. (Too bad he'll probably ditch Buffalo for Detroit at the first chance)

Ruff's pattern so far is 3 for Miller, one for Biron which I'm sure will change once the season progresses to get Biron some more ice time. Most likely Biron will get more time when they start playing home/home's within the division.

i think you could go with biron but atlanta is not a push over... id go with miller to just get the record streak thing out of the way then play biron maybe 2 games in a row... but i agree... i do like ruffs pattern... it seems perfect to me.

Sooner or later he needs a bigger role? His role with the Sabres is as a bcakup and that is exactly what he is doing. I don't expect Ruff to play Biron unless it is back to back games so Miller doesn't have to go 2 days in a row. I would really doubt Ruff is going to have Biron in net against a tuff Atlanta team after Miller is coming off a shutout and has a day of rest.

This has nothing to do with "The Record" which I assume is not what the team or Ruff is worried about (as they shouldn't be, there only concern should be winning games and the cup) and its not about giving Biron Ice time. Miller and Biron aren't starters 1a and 1b, Miller is the starter, Biron the backup.

Marty's two starts have come in the second of back-to-back games; I'm guessing his next will be next weekend vs. the Laffs or Rangers (Sabres play 3 in 4 nights).

There's no way you sit the #1 goalie after a shutout if it's not a back-to-back situation.

I guess it makes me a bad person :death: but I don't care about the record. All I care about is the 2 points tonight and the amount of points it takes to clinch home ice.

The way I look at it is that I didn't even know who held the record until we got close, so that is how important that record is to me. I agree that with the Thrashers only 2 points behind us in the East, I want the win first and I want to stay ahead of the Thrashers. Maybe they have feasted on slightly easier competition and a little more home cooking than us, but that has only given them confidence. It will be interesting to see how they come out tonight.

This record is really pretty meaningless in the bigger scheme of things, so start whoever gives us the best chance to win.

Archived