Predators test new jersey style

Robviously

Link

The new look was met with mixed reviews by the Predators. Many liked the jersey's thinner, more flexible material and its waterproof front, which kept it from getting weighed down by sweat, melted ice and water bottle spillage.

"With those jerseys the water just goes away," forward J.P. Dumont said. "That's something very neat. And it's very stretchable. Every movement you move the jersey moves so the motion of it is better. If they can make sure all the little things are all right it, is going to be a great addition to the NHL."

I honestly don't understand Rbk and the NHL's obsession with making the uniforms tight, form-fitting and sleeker. I can understand modernizing the materials and updating the color schemes, but the sleek look didn't look so good (IMO) at the Olympics and I am not looking forward to seeing some really big guys (yours truly included) squeezing into form-fitting replica jerseys and then jumping up when their team scores a goal....

so stupid.

one of the nuances of the nhl is the traditions it has. we love the sweaters, not equipment-infused magic body stockings. rbk is sucking my love of this sport out of me (not really, just trying to emphasize how stupid these new jerseys are), first with the sluggalo and now this.

new material, fine...new look, suckage.

on top of the stupid look, with nothing to grab onto, the players' punches will have nothing behind them. it'll be tough to toss a haymaker while you're flat-footed on blades (on ice). therefore, i see fighting virtually elliminated due to it's uneffectiveness.

#%^$#! rbk, they're destroying the game.

I doubt many people would wear jersies like these to games.

The fact remains the traditional jersies look somewhat cool, and big guys and gals can fit into one fairly easily.

Stretch-to-fit jersies won't sell diddly, cause most people won't feel comfortable in them, and if they don't sell, they don't stay. Simple.

I doubt many people would wear jersies like these to games.

The fact remains the traditional jersies look somewhat cool, and big guys and gals can fit into one fairly easily.

Stretch-to-fit jersies won't sell diddly, cause most people won't feel comfortable in them, and if they don't sell, they don't stay. Simple.

I'd like to agree with you but i think you're wrong. Just like the slug, so many people hated the new logo, but yet our jerseys are #1 sellers. People will buy the new jersey. They aren't going to feel bad, it's going to be like wearing a long sleeve soccer jersey, well maybe just a bit thicker i think, but it won't be huge and bulky like todays jerseys so people are going to feel more comfortable wearing them.

I hate the idea of the form-fitting crap ... but if you think about it, did you ever see the actual football jerseys players wear? They are SUPER tight, barely stretch over shoulder pads, have elastic on the arms, and are WAY long so they rarely come untucked. What I am getting at is, they do not sell them like that. They sell them all baggy ... I am HOPING it is kind of the same thing for hockey ... that the replicas will still be more loose ... like I said, HOPING ...

I honestly don't understand Rbk and the NHL's obsession with making the uniforms tight, form-fitting and sleeker. I can understand modernizing the materials and updating the color schemes, but the sleek look didn't look so good (IMO) at the Olympics and I am not looking forward to seeing some really big guys (yours truly included) squeezing into form-fitting replica jerseys and then jumping up when their team scores a goal....

Look at the bright side: if you spill beer on your chest when you jump up, it will just "go away."

Polish, I have to disagre with you on both counts. First, most people agree with the premise that the Sabres jerseys look OK to fantastic, while the logo sucks. That isn't why the jersey is the top seller right now - those sales are a "Perfect Storm" of various factors, including a team who went deep into the playoffs last year; a rollback to the B&G (or navy & maize, depending on your take); a cool new scheme for the kids, and the team itself, starting out 10-0, blowing teams up, etc.

As for the idea that form-fitting jerseys will still sell b/c they aren't uncomfortable - that might be true, but I wouldn't bet on seeing many of Buffalo's bigger population (again, myself included) wearing one out in public. My UnderArmour compression shirts are pretty comfortable too, but there is no way I would wear any of them out in public, to a Sabres game, sports bar or a friend's house.

As for the fit - my brother used to work at Laux Sporting Goods, and as a result, he got a pretty good discount on just about everything. When the Nike Olympic replicas came out, he bought one in his usual size (XL, but he's in pretty good shape) and he ended up giving it to his wife's cousin, because although the replicas weren't exactly the same as on the ice, they still were much tighter and more form-fitting than traditional replicas, and didn't fit properly. He said it wasn't comfortable at all - the fit or the material.

If the NHL is smart, BTP is right - they'll at the very least sell some replicas the same as before - loose, comfortable, and OK for all sizes to wear. If they want to sell the form-fitting ones, especially to some of the ladies, then by all means...

Archived