Ryan Miller

BuffalOhio

In Detroit, he missed the puck and Draper had a wide-open goal to shoot at. He's gotten better at handling it, but sometimes he tries to fire the puck along the boards when he should just leave it for the D-man.

I will always cringe watching a goalie play the puck after spending so many years with Hasek's stellar puck-handling skills.

In Detroit, he missed the puck and Draper had a wide-open goal to shoot at. He's gotten better at handling it, but sometimes he tries to fire the puck along the boards when he should just leave it for the D-man.

I will always cringe watching a goalie play the puck after spending so many years with Hasek's stellar puck-handling skills.

I think it was Jason Williams that scored those two goals. Puck bounced right over his stick and right to Williams. Could have happened to anyone.

I stand corrected, it was Jason Williams. It's not really that play that stands out.

Against Montreal, there were a few times when he went out to play it, shot it around the boards to the Montreal forward and then play continued in Buffalo's zone. I'm fine with him getting more involved with the play, he just needs to make quality decisions when attempting to play the puck.

He has 6 smart D-men, with great vision and puck handling skills to rely on.

I stand corrected, it was Jason Williams. It's not really that play that stands out.

Against Montreal, there were a few times when he went out to play it, shot it around the boards to the Montreal forward and then play continued in Buffalo's zone. I'm fine with him getting more involved with the play, he just needs to make quality decisions when attempting to play the puck.

He has 6 smart D-men, with great vision and puck handling skills to rely on.

Completely agree. I used to hate when Biron would fire it around the boards, directly to an oppenent, who would then shoot it into the net. Miller seems a little better at it than Marty, and he seems to have improved from last year.

Archived