Vanek

Allan in MD

Can we bag this please? This guy didn't suck last season. In fact, he was quite good. He was tied for second on the team in goals with 25 and was sixth with 48 points.

He struggled in the playoffs and at times in the regular season with consistant effort, which isn't abnormal for young guys who've had it easy most of their careers.

If he's turning his game around, it didn't have too far to go.

Can we bag this please? This guy didn't suck last season. In fact, he was quite good. He was tied for second on the team in goals with 25 and was sixth with 48 points.

He struggled in the playoffs and at times in the regular season with consistant effort, which isn't abnormal for young guys who've had it easy most of their careers.

If he's turning his game around, it didn't have too far to go.

I agree.

Double Dare you.

I will never get sick of talking about the strides that a young player makes, whether it be season to season or month to month.

I think that this is a completely legit topic, becaus Vanek has the chance to become an elite offensive player that the Sabres haven't had since what? Patty?

The fact that Vanek was so heralded, but showed signs late last season of turning into the next Miro Satan, rather than the next Forsberg was a bit disconcerting. To see him skating hard, drawing penalties, dishing the puck, playing responsibly in his own end, all while lighting the lamp at a quicker rate than last seaon is absolutely newsworthy.

I think Briere and Vanek were two of the biggest "question marks" coming into the season. Briere for getting handed such a huge contract, yet losing his linemate, and Vanek, for how he responded to getting benched in the playoffs.

Besides...what the hell else is there to talk about with this team?!? haha

Archived