One of the more pointless threads...

Goodfella25

Jesus saves,

but Satan scores on the rebound!!

i hate bumper stickers, but that would be a fun one to drive on my euro car in the bible belt!

edit: check out miro's wikipedia page... specifically the trivia section (also notice the biron rule. i forgot completely about that one)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miroslav_Satan

Jesus saves,

but Satan scores on the rebound!!

i hate bumper stickers, but that would be a fun one to drive on my euro car in the bible belt!

edit: check out miro's wikipedia page... specifically the trivia section (also notice the biron rule. i forgot completely about that one)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miroslav_Satan

Sorry, the correct bumper sticker is:

Jesus saves, Gretzky gets the rebound, he shoots, he scores.

(If you want to make it Sabres tributary, you can make it "Perreault ... shoots, he scores".)

The link is here...Miroslav Satan

...notice his player ID is "666"......strange coincidence, or message from the prince of darkness???? You be the judge.

That used to be his player ID on NHL.com too, so I'm pretty sure it's a sort of a joke from someone there.

This was when he as with The Sabres as well, I remember getting a 10 second chukle out of it.

His ID on NHL.com today is, 8459534 so I guess someone either had his laugh, or someone else found out.

From Wiki:

Trivia

Several popular sports websites currently assign him the ID number 666 in their player biography databases (visible in the URL), likely as a joke about his last name, which in Anglicized spelling is Satan.

An unsubstantiated (and untrue) rumor that he wanted to change his number to 666 led to the NHL adopting a rule stating that players could only wear whole numbers from 1-98. The rule is sometimes nicknamed the "Biron Rule" after Satan's then-teammate, Buffalo Sabres goaltender Martin Biron, who was the only player affected (he wore "00" and had to change to "43").

During the 2003-2004 NHL season, the Buffalo Sabres rotated their captaincy on a monthly basis. Satan served as captain in October 2003.

During his tenure with the Buffalo Sabres, a very popular t-shirt among fans of the team featured a stylized silhouette of Satan with "devil horns" on the back, and the words "Jesus Saves, Satan Scores" on the front.

The New Jersey Devils were among the teams trying to sign him as a free agent after he left Buffalo, even jokingly offering him the captainship (the mythical Satan being the "captain of the devils").

Archived