Kotalik or Dumont

HockeyFan  T

Is it just me or does anybody else question this decision? There are things I like about Ales like his success at shootouts and his hard slapshot that were scoring goals for him on the PP during last year's regular season. But after seeing 5 of his last 8 games live it looks to me like he switched his stick and is now playing with one of those banana sticks we used in grade school gym class. It's as though the puck is too heavy for his stick and he has no accuracy unless it's a slapshot.

I'm not saying he's not a good player, but for the money I would've offered it to J.P.

Fine, I'll reply to it myself!

Who cares? JP is no longer a Sabre what's done is done!

This might have been a good topic last month. Where were you then? Go check the archives!

We win our opener in a shootout against the Champs and you can't come up with a better topic than this?

I think Ales still has some development left in him, as to where J.P. was pretty much as good a player as he would ever become.

One thing to remember about Ales and his slapshot though, is that even if he isn't scoring, he still commands a truckload of attention from opposing defensemen and PK'ers.

Attention they would otherwise be able to direct towards other players.

Fine, I'll reply to it myself!

Who cares? JP is no longer a Sabre what's done is done!

This might have been a good topic last month. Where were you then? Go check the archives!

We win our opener in a shootout against the Champs and you can't come up with a better topic than this?

What's with all this We stuff?

agree Kristian. I definitely would prefer to keep Kotalik. Younger, cheaper, tougher and with a better slap shot...one of the few guys on the roster with a real cannon.

I might be wrong, but I think JP just had about the best year he's going to have from here on...I don't think that is the case with kotalik.

agree Kristian. I definitely would prefer to keep Kotalik. Younger, cheaper, tougher and with a better slap shot...one of the few guys on the roster with a real cannon.

I might be wrong, but I think JP just had about the best year he's going to have from here on...I don't think that is the case with kotalik.

Exactly what i was going to say.

Kotalik has a Naslund-type shot, he's young, give him time to develop that shot a little more and we might see something special.

Archived