ESPN's official preview has us 5th-East

GGM

Just noticed this line in the ESPN Hockey preview about Ottawa's defense:

"Throw in Norris Trophy hopeful Wade Redden, Chris Phillips and Andrej Meszaros, who led all rookies with a plus-34, and this is as good a defense as there is the conference, maybe the NHL. Murray will want to shore up a penalty-killing unit that was curiously 18th overall."

I just don't buy it.

Just noticed this line in the ESPN Hockey preview about Ottawa's defense:

"Throw in Norris Trophy hopeful Wade Redden, Chris Phillips and Andrej Meszaros, who led all rookies with a plus-34, and this is as good a defense as there is the conference, maybe the NHL. Murray will want to shore up a penalty-killing unit that was curiously 18th overall."

I just don't buy it.

I agree...I read most of these previews the same: "The teams we liked last year will be good, whether or not their offseason moves improved the team or not. The teams that surprised us last year will take a step back, whether or not their offseason moves improved the team or not."

Essentially, they're using a modified version of last year's preview and fudging it with a lot of "just because"s.

I agree...I read most of these previews the same: "The teams we liked last year will be good, whether or not their offseason moves improved the team or not. The teams that surprised us last year will take a step back, whether or not their offseason moves improved the team or not."

Essentially, they're using a modified version of last year's preview and fudging it with a lot of "just because"s.

You expect more from Burnside?

Archived