a hint?

mediumishot

Why aren?t the Sabres doing a game in Rochester this year? Yeah, keep in mind we?re not flying solo anymore; the players are our partners. They get a percentage of the revenues, so it?s our obligation to maximize those revenues. It was one thing for Tom (Golisano) to say ?I?ll take the hit from my own wallet?, but now that wallet is somebody else?s. And to take part in revenue sharing we have to show revenue growth. I feel bad about that, but who knows? Maybe we can do an outdoor game there someday.

Link

I know this has been discussed before but is LQ hinting at something we dont know? Leafs v Sabres outdoors? sounds like a money maker to me

Im talking in regards to an outdoor game, i do agree the Roch game was undersold but an outdoor venue would kill

I don't ever see that happening in Rochester. There is no outdoor facility where you could even get the Sabres normal 18,690. Paetec park has permanent seating for 13,500 and can have additional bleachers added, but I doubt it could total more than 18,000. Maybe, MAYBE they could get 20,000. Frontier field is even smaller - 12,000 seats and an additional SR areas that can hold another ~1,500. I don't know the UofR stadium size, but it has to hold significantly less than that, and SJF's stadium would hold less that the 2 pro stadiums.

If they ever have an outdoor game in WNY it would be at the Ralph. If they don't sell seats in the upper deck, they could still sell about 45,000 - 50,000 tickets. If they open the upper deck up, they could sell over 70,000. With it being ~2 hours from TO and less than half an hour away from Fort Erie, if somehow the game couldn't sell out with just stateside fans, it would definitely sellout with the help of Loafs fans and NP Sabres fans.

If you know of another venue in Ra-cha-cha that could hold 40,000-50,000 please let me know, but I don't know of any.

The players and the league itself would love to see a game with 50,000 fans in attendence. They'd probably be willing to risk WNY winter weather to do it. The risk of bad weather isn't worth it for 10,000 - 20,000 fans.

I don't ever see that happening in Rochester. There is no outdoor facility where you could even get the Sabres normal 18,690. Paetec park has permanent seating for 13,500 and can have additional bleachers added, but I doubt it could total more than 18,000. Maybe, MAYBE they could get 20,000. Frontier field is even smaller - 12,000 seats and an additional SR areas that can hold another ~1,500. I don't know the UofR stadium size, but it has to hold significantly less than that, and SJF's stadium would hold less that the 2 pro stadiums.

If they ever have an outdoor game in WNY it would be at the Ralph. If they don't sell seats in the upper deck, they could still sell about 45,000 - 50,000 tickets. If they open the upper deck up, they could sell over 70,000. With it being ~2 hours from TO and less than half an hour away from Fort Erie, if somehow the game couldn't sell out with just stateside fans, it would definitely sellout with the help of Loafs fans and NP Sabres fans.

If you know of another venue in Ra-cha-cha that could hold 40,000-50,000 please let me know, but I don't know of any.

The players and the league itself would love to see a game with 50,000 fans in attendence. They'd probably be willing to risk WNY winter weather to do it. The risk of bad weather isn't worth it for 10,000 - 20,000 fans.

i bet the ralph could hold 88,000+ for hockey...

just a thought

i bet the ralph could hold 88,000+ for hockey...

just a thought

I doubt it. You can't put much seating on the field because people will not be able to see the puck or most of the action due to the boards. You could probably get away with a row or 2, but I'd be surprised if you could get much more than that on the field. If you put bleachers around the rink, you will be blocking the sight lines of people in the lower bowl.

Even without adding additional seating, you may not have people sitting in the 1st 4-5 rows, again because of the boards.

I doubt it. You can't put much seating on the field because people will not be able to see the puck or most of the action due to the boards.

that's how they did it at lambeau field last year for the frozen tundra classic. even though the rink was far from the stands, the sight lines were unbelievable.

I doubt it. You can't put much seating on the field because people will not be able to see the puck or most of the action due to the boards. You could probably get away with a row or 2, but I'd be surprised if you could get much more than that on the field. If you put bleachers around the rink, you will be blocking the sight lines of people in the lower bowl.

Even without adding additional seating, you may not have people sitting in the 1st 4-5 rows, again because of the boards.

so my numbers were off... the point is, wouldn't it be completely awesome to see a game, in the snow, at rich stadium?

Tailgating would be a blast. Though we would have 30,000 Toronto fans in the lots. :P

Screw that. I say we pull a hurricanes on them. NO Canadian extensions can buy tickets until 10 days before the game, unless they can answer a trivia question that ONLY a Sabres fan would know. :ph34r:

I think the quote in Knightrider's signature would be very effective in that regard. Because speaking from 1st hand knowledge, there are a lot of Sabres fans that are clueless on that one. (Where's the d'oh smiley when you need it?) :blush:

Screw that. I say we pull a hurricanes on them. NO Canadian extensions can buy tickets until 10 days before the game, unless they can answer a trivia question that ONLY a Sabres fan would know. :ph34r:

here's a few:

1) What does it feel like to not suck?

A) Duck Farcy

B) Great

C) You know, all we have to do is win, eh!

D) cbc.ca/sports/hockey

2) Rich Stadium is to Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Stadium as ___________ _____________ __________ is to HSBC Arena.

3) Discuss the attributes of being a spectator at the Aud. Include the positive and negative aspects of sitting in each section (lower gold, upper gold, red, blue, orange, box seats), the smell, the ramps/elevators/escalators/stairs, concessions, the guy with the trumpet, the twister, the Earl of Bud, Milt Ellis, etc. 8 pages minimum, 10 sources, APA style.

Archived