Good Article

inkman

Linky

"It could be a pile of dog doo, but it wouldn't matter to me," she said. "I would support them, no matter what they had on the shirt."

Apparently I overestimated some fans.

"It's not the right blue and (the logo) looks like a banana on steroids," he said. "It's horrible. I need to support another team. I'm not coming to games this year. It's a one-year protest."

Ah...I still love the team. This dude is pissed.

"There were petitions and passion -- how do you manufacture that?" said Sabres managing partner Larry Quinn. "I'm happy with the way it worked out."

He added, "I think fans like the jersey, but they really love the team."

Yep, Larry, there was a petition - 30,000+ signed it AGAINST your slug logo - any comment on that?

And no $h!t, Larry - people love the team, the coaches, and even Darcy...but some (raising my hand) are starting to wonder about you...

"There were petitions and passion -- how do you manufacture that?" said Sabres managing partner Larry Quinn. "I'm happy with the way it worked out."

Yep, Larry, there was a petition - 30,000+ signed it AGAINST your slug logo - any comment on that?

And no $h!t, Larry - people love the team, the coaches, and even Darcy...but some (raising my hand) are starting to wonder about you...

And last year at this time we were wondering about Golisano, Quinn, Regier, and Ruff. This offseason we're just wondering about Quinn. See, progress! :D

Larry Quinn eats children too

You've got it all wrong - he eats kittens, kicks puppies, and lives under the Peace Bridge, scaring off Signature Span proponents as well as killing waterfront development... ;)

There's your answer. He knew that a lot of people didn't care for the designs, but he figures people will buy it anyway.

Quinn was fortunate enough to have an ad hoc consumer response test a few months in advance. I don't know how fast RBK, the NHL and the Sabres could turn the ship, and maybe it was too late. But when launching a new product knowing that there will backlash... is well....not smart.

By the way..."I'm happy with the way it worked out."

WTF does that mean?

Archived