NHL 07

Columbus_Sabre_Fan

NHL 07 is being released on Sept. 14th and the new jerseys are being released on Sept. 16th.

Does anyone know if the new jerseys will be in the game? As with most of you, i am not a fan of the new jerseys, but I would like the game to be accurate.

there have been no screen shots for the sabres for the new game (that i am aware of).

My apologies if this has already been posted.

regards.

Console's are a waste...

You can do so much more on a PC

My PS2 malfunctioned and since NHL was bascially the only game I ever player, I bought it for the PC. It's insane how much stuff you can customize...the game looks as real as it possibly could since you can download addons. I even downloaded a package that lets you have the 1996-97 rosters complete with ice sheets and jerseys. Pretty cool.

ok, shrader. You're right, i haven't seen the jerseys and I will reserve final judgement once they are released.

How is the game play on a pc for the game? I would get the game on pc if i could get the jersey update.

Gameplay on the PC is amazing if you have a good enough computer and video card...

not to mention all the downloads at http://www.doubleminor.net you can download for it...

Check it out man it's really cool

I am still deciding whether to buy NHL 2K7 or NHL 07. The last few years 2K sports has put a lot of work into their hockey games to make them really good, while EA has taken a few steps back. However, the changes to EA's game this year sound interesting.

I find that the NHL 2K games are way worse in terms of graphics and the gameplay is almost too fluid. it doesnt seem like the players are skating, it seems like they are floating. EA has its faults too but those 2 things make me go with EA

I find that the NHL 2K games are way worse in terms of graphics and the gameplay is almost too fluid. it doesnt seem like the players are skating, it seems like they are floating. EA has its faults too but those 2 things make me go with EA

I thought EA was better up until NHL 04. NHL 05 and 06 were horrible, while 2K5 and 2K6 were great.

I changed my mind. I downloaded the demos for NHL 07 and NHL 2K7. Here are my thoughts:

NHL 07: The new controls are interesting, although it is hard to judge, since the only thing you can do is an Edmonton at Carolina shootout.

NHL2K7: Good game. You can play 1 period, and the final 4 teams from last year were all available. The Sabres and Canes were given 8's overall (I think), and Edmonton and Anaheim were given 7's overall (I think). The Sabres were fast, and it was fun...BUT the gameplay is very similar to last year. I was looking forward to an improvement in the crease control feature, and it seemed exactly the same.

So I think my interest in the new controls is going to push me to buy NHL 07 instead of 2K7. It looks like you can be a lot more creative with the puck, and it seems more fun IMHO.

Archived