Satellite photo of HSBC Arena under construction

LabattBlue

Nice find, thanks! For those of you who prefer the completed satellite pic, here's one of the same area with The Aud also visible...

For those unfamiliar with Google Maps, click on the link, then when the page opens, click the Satellite button (upper-right corner); then use the slide bar on the left side to zoom in...

For those of you who aren't familiar with it, Google Earth is even better than Google Maps. The downloadable program allows users to jump to any point on the globe, zoom in & out, pan & tilt the landscape, and even click on optional links for more info about that location. Link

I love using Google Earth...its cool to scan around & see the different places with stories and links for more info...I think in the area from downtown Buffalo to the start of the rapids, I counted something like 10-12 "Unknown Shipwrecks" (as tagged by the NOAA's AWOIS Automated Wreck & Obstruction Information System) in the waters feeding into Niagara Falls. Its a lot of fun to browse through when the discussion on TSR is slow...

Archived