Bills - Panthers

Taro T

2 games vs the Jest, 1 against Miami at home in December, games in Detroit, Houston, and Baltimore, and home games against Minnesota, GB, SD, and Tennessee. I believe they can split or even be a game over 0.500 out of that. That would give them 5 or 6 W's. Heck, if they blow one of those games that they "should" win, but steal one of their other 6, they're back at 5 or 6.

All I am really asking of them this season is beat the Jest twice and stay competitive in their other games.

While I do not expect much out of the offense this season (I think JP will be decent but the line will be very bad), I think the D shouldn't be horrible this year (probably somewhere middle of the pack, remember they will get Spikes back), and I think the ST's will be top 5 in the league. If the O can limit their turnovers, the Bills shouldn't be blown out of many games. Catching a break or 2 (or making a break or 2) against a weak schedule is possible.

If they had the NFC South again, instead of the Norris, and the AFC North instead of the AFC South, then yeah, like the commercial used to say, I'd be expecting "bad things, man, bad things".

Yeah. And if I could only get Carmen Electra's phone number I'd be 'In like Flint'. :blush:

I look at the Bills offense and see :

No NFL quality starting QB.

1 decent receiver in Evans and not much else.

A huge question mark at runningback.

A patch work offenseive line. A line which is better than last years. The only problem? The line last year was the worst in team history. So they could be better but still be the second worst line in team history.

Even if the defense is improved we have seen how 3 and outs by the offense wear a defense out.

Like I said before. If Martin and Pennington are healthy the Bills have nothing to compete with that. And it's not like the Bills coaching staff is full of offensive guru's to game plan the Bills to victory. :(

Yeah. And if I could only get Carmen Electra's phone number I'd be 'In like Flint'. :blush:

A patch work offenseive line. A line which is better than last years. The only problem? The line last year was the worst in team history. So they could be better but still be the second worst line in team history.

Even if the defense is improved we have seen how 3 and outs by the offense wear a defense out.

Like I said before. If Martin and Pennington are healthy the Bills have nothing to compete with that. And it's not like the Bills coaching staff is full of offensive guru's to game plan the Bills to victory. :(

I don't see JP as being horrible this year. I actually expect him to be a middle of the pack starter, which is more than the team had last year.

Evans is the only proven receiver right now, but I'd expect someone to be a decent #2 (may be wishful thinking, but I don't think it's too much of a reach).

Until Willis looks like crud after Labor Day, I am not going to worry about the RB.

While the O-line isn't going to confuse anybody with the No Huddle 5, I'm convinced this line is much better than last year's line. Let's face it, it would be almost impossible for a line to be worse than last year's line. Adding in JP's mobility and the fact that he probably won't be given a game plan developed by a self-indulgent monkey, and I don't see how the line isn't viewed as significantly better than last year's line.

Going 3 and out doesn't concern me as much as giving up a short field on a regular basis. With Lindell's leg, the O should be able to pop a few points here and there.

Even with the 1st quarter last week, I haven't seen anything yet that tells me this team is worse than the Jest.

I don't see JP as being horrible this year. I actually expect him to be a middle of the pack starter, which is more than the team had last year.

Evans is the only proven receiver right now, but I'd expect someone to be a decent #2 (may be wishful thinking, but I don't think it's too much of a reach).

Until Willis looks like crud after Labor Day, I am not going to worry about the RB.

While the O-line isn't going to confuse anybody with the No Huddle 5, I'm convinced this line is much better than last year's line. Let's face it, it would be almost impossible for a line to be worse than last year's line. Adding in JP's mobility and the fact that he probably won't be given a game plan developed by a self-indulgent monkey, and I don't see how the line isn't viewed as significantly better than last year's line.

Going 3 and out doesn't concern me as much as giving up a short field on a regular basis. With Lindell's leg, the O should be able to pop a few points here and there.

Even with the 1st quarter last week, I haven't seen anything yet that tells me this team is worse than the Jest.

^^^What he said.^^^

We definitely have to wait and see how the line and WR situations shake out - does the O-line gell as a unit; does someone step up and take command of the WR 2-spot and take pressure off Evans; and just as importantly, do the Bills remember that they can throw the ball to their tight ends? Having a checkdown receiver who is a big target like Royal could go a long way toward JP's development.

As for the Jets, I'd rather take my chances with a QB who is essentially a rookie (sematics aside) with a ton of upside and potential, than an oft-injured, weak-armed QB who doesn't scare anyone. With the RB situation, I think that Martin is all but done, and the other two RBs don't scare anyone either.

I just hope that if they do give the keys to JP (which I don't really see another option, unless Nall comes back and blows everyone away this week) that they have the balls to stick with him through his growing pains. Another year of "JPs in, he's benched, he's back in, no he's benched again, 'no wait, now he's hurt and can't play'" does no one any good. They need to find out this year if he is going to be their guy, or if they need to make an upgrade next offseason.

I'll admit, I am a JP fan, I like his skills and what he brings to the field physcially, and I really hope he can put it all together and be the Bills' QB for years to come. If not, fine, let's find someone who can grow with this team, become a leader and push this team back to the playoffs.

No quality starting QB, ok if you look at in on paper the QB situation doesn't threaten anybody, but there is alot of potential if JP finally gets it this season and plays well. Besides Pennignton (who doesn't make opposing defences nervous) who else is there? Ramsey? Still not a threat to any NFL Defence.

Again on paper, the Bills WR's don't threaten any teams either cause we have only 1 inexperienced #1 WR in Evans and a bunch of others that will fight for position. Price is likely to be #2 but surprisingly Reed and Aiken have also been looking good and good take over the #2 role if they keep it up. Who is the threatening WR on the Jets? or atleast one that comes close to Evans?

I don't know what it is about Bills fans that make them hate McGahee so much. He had a bad year last year and still ran for over 1000 yards. Maybe they are just trying to force themselves to hate him so they don't feel bad if he leaves the team. If martin can't come back (which looks likely) who is so threatening at RB for the Jets? Running back is not a question mark for the Bills

The o-line may be a patchwork but looks promising because they are still young and instead of building it out of all draft picks this year, marv put it together with guys that have some NFL experience so the learning curve will be much quicker and we won't haver to wait years for the line to fully develop

The Defence looked pretty good last week in that preseason game holding the Panthers to only 14 points. They looked quick and althought there was some confussion and error, that can be expected from the very first preseason game.

I still don't know your fascination with Pennington and Martin, Were they a part of your crusade against Daniel Briere or something? Maybe you like them cause they were the arbitrator in the Briere case and figured there was no way the Sabres would go with the ruling and Briere would finally be gone from your team

Congratulations....you win an authentic "Sluggalo" jersey! Depicting what may come to be one of the worst team logos in NHL history, the Sluggalo has captured the hearts of millions - no wait - ONE GUY!

Congrats, apus! :P

Where can i pick this up? I will wear it with Pride

No quality starting QB, ok if you look at in on paper the QB situation doesn't threaten anybody, but there is alot of potential if JP finally gets it this season and plays well. Besides Pennignton (who doesn't make opposing defences nervous) who else is there? Ramsey? Still not a threat to any NFL Defence.

Again on paper, the Bills WR's don't threaten any teams either cause we have only 1 inexperienced #1 WR in Evans and a bunch of others that will fight for position. Price is likely to be #2 but surprisingly Reed and Aiken have also been looking good and good take over the #2 role if they keep it up. Who is the threatening WR on the Jets? or atleast one that comes close to Evans?

I don't know what it is about Bills fans that make them hate McGahee so much. He had a bad year last year and still ran for over 1000 yards. Maybe they are just trying to force themselves to hate him so they don't feel bad if he leaves the team. If martin can't come back (which looks likely) who is so threatening at RB for the Jets? Running back is not a question mark for the Bills

The o-line may be a patchwork but looks promising because they are still young and instead of building it out of all draft picks this year, marv put it together with guys that have some NFL experience so the learning curve will be much quicker and we won't haver to wait years for the line to fully develop

The Defence looked pretty good last week in that preseason game holding the Panthers to only 14 points. They looked quick and althought there was some confussion and error, that can be expected from the very first preseason game.

I still don't know your fascination with Pennington and Martin, Were they a part of your crusade against Daniel Briere or something? Maybe you like them cause they were the arbitrator in the Briere case and figured there was no way the Sabres would go with the ruling and Briere would finally be gone from your team

Where can i pick this up? I will wear it with Pride

Enough said. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry I forgot, marv is a joke because he is old and senile and can't assemble a decent football team

When has he ever? :blink:

That may be a bit unfair to Marv. Let's face it. He's only the GM in name. He didn't run the draft. He has nothing to do with contracts. He does slighty more than the old guy at Walmart who greets people. He steps out in front of the cameras and tells a couple of jokes and avoids any questions unless it can be answered by a sports cliche. You may be happy sitting around the next two seasons waiting for the next GM and Coach to restart the rebuilding process once again. I'm not so happy.

All I can say thank god the Sabres are contenders and will be for a long time.. ;)

Archived