Biron possibility....Columbus??

USMCSnyper

He makes less. Biron is around 2.1M and Marc is about 2.8M. Also, Columbus needs another puck moving forward to go with Nash and Vyborny. Zherdev's contract talks are going nowhere. With Max's arbitration expected to exceed 4M, it would make sense for us to move him and sign a 21 year-old for 8.4 over 3 years (2.8/yr) or a bit more. Columbus desperately wants to make the playoffs this year.

Sounds a lot like wishful thinking to get Columbus to give up a guy they drafted in the top 5 ... not to mention I can't see the Sabres paying a kid more than any forward on the team except Briere and Drury when they have no idea if he will buy into the team concept. You sure there's no better way to get this hartigan character you obviously like?

Denis wasn't making that when he was traded though. He may not have gotten that much money from anyone but Tampa Bay.

As for Zherdev, isn't he going back to Russia? If he's already signed a deal over there, he's locked in.

I thought I read that his contract with the Russian club allows him out of the contract if he gets an NHL contract worked out prior to the NHL regular season starting.

I thought I read that his contract with the Russian club allows him out of the contract if he gets an NHL contract worked out prior to the NHL regular season starting.

So this would get around the fact that the Russians don't have a transfer agreement in place with the NHL right now?

So this would get around the fact that the Russians don't have a transfer agreement in place with the NHL right now?

It might.

I'm not real familiar with what situations the IIHF transfer agreements cover. I thought they were specific to players coming to NA for the 1st time, but could definitely be mistaken on that.

Archived