Rookie Camp

mphs mike

Anyone else intrigued and pleased that Daniel Paille is participating in this weeks rookie camp? It shows me a positive, hard working, take nothing for granted attitude that I like. It also makes me think he's doing everything he can to stick around and wear blue/gold rather then red,white, blue for the opener. Maybe he thinks a forward slot or two will be his for the taking at training camp after the round of arbitration. I can't see Briere, Dumont, and Max in Sabres uni's at the start of the season.

I agree, I think Paille has the best chance of any rookie to make it on to the roster out of the gate. I really liked what I saw of him last year. Remember this kid had only played maybe 20 to 25 games in the AHL before coming up mid-season, so he is young with a lot of upside.

Plus there's no way I can see us keeping Danny, JP, and Max, plus keeping Biron if need be. Even if we spent up to the cap, I don't think we could keep them all to be honest as we still also have to re-sign Miller and Kalinin. Somebody has to go and I think Paille will be the one to take advantage of it and make the team.

Archived