GAME THREAD

Corp000085

strike that last post about biron...  he leaves the net on a stupid play and now its 1-1...  someone get ryan miller's hand into a hyperbaric chamber.

Like I said in another post, Ruff is nuts.

Can't say I'll be all that thrilled if The Sabres win though, I'm sure Darcy will want to give him another 15 years on his contract.

Like I said in another post, Ruff is nuts.

Can't say I'll be all that thrilled if The Sabres win though, I'm sure Darcy will want to give him another 15 years on his contract.

I'm not a ruff hater. he's a proven playoff coach and can at least play around .500 hockey with crap talent. tonight's game is great though. I'd like to maybe see another option at GM though. darcy is wearing thin on me.

I'm not a ruff hater. he's a proven playoff coach and can at least play around .500 hockey with crap talent. tonight's game is great though. I'd like to maybe see another option at GM though. darcy is wearing thin on me.

Hear ya about Darcy, but I honestly think Ruff's methods just ceased working 3 years ago, Rigas incident or not.

Say what you want to about Lindros. After 695 games and 365 goals including 50 playoff games and 24 playoff goals and add in all the injuries. His reaction on his goal was great. Despite all that has happened to him. Some self imposed and some not. It's nice to see someone of his stature enjoy the game like that.

Say what you want to about Lindros. After 695 games and 365 goals including 50 playoff games and 24 playoff goals and add in all the injuries. His reaction on his goal was great. Despite all that has happened to him. Some self imposed and some not. It's nice to see someone of his stature enjoy the game like that.

lindros sucks... doesn't matter how many goals he scores. he's a whiny crybaby. With that being said, its a friggin medical miracle that he's still playing. That's a testimate to his desire to play, his toughness and/or his stupidness... however, he still sucks in my eyes!

that was one sweet goal by connolly... he's a shot away from a sombrero

And the question gets asked again.

Why can't he play this way every night?

Or, every other night?

The talent is there. Is it his heart? The mental aspect? Wen he decides to play he can be a difference maker this team needs. :huh:

terrible call... god... those TSN gods called the refs the best in the league tonight too. no whistle on that play, toronto didn't have posession... good lord

basically there was an interference delayed penalty against toronto while vanek streaked in and scored a goal... the ref said no goal and still gave the penalty to the leaf. terrible call... and as i write this, vanek makes up for it and scores an empty netter. 5-2 buffalo

The world has truly gone topsy turvy. I can't believe that I am the only person posting on this thread that was not impressed with the Sabres tonight. (There were parts I was impressed with, but overall I was disappointed in their play until the 3rd period. I WAS impressed with them in the 3rd, but boy was it a long 40 minutes to get there.) I was at the game tonight and have to say the Sabres are lucky to get the win tonight. If ol' Bats in His Belfour didn't stink, the Sabres would have been looking at their 5th straight.

Grier, until his goal played very poorly. He did not seem to hustle at all. Dumont played what was arguably his worst game ever as a Sabre. He got knocked around a lot and had great difficulty handling the puck. The Leafs outplayed Buffalo slightly in the 1st and tremendously in the 2nd. Buffalo did take the play to Toronto in the 3rd, but they need to put forth a better effort tomorrow or they will be embarassed again. Hopefully the way they played against Carolina and the fact they won tonight will provide them some momentum going into Ottawa, but I do not like the matchups.

Connolly's 1st goal was lucky but his 2nd was pure highlight reel. He also owned Sundin on faceoffs and was even with Lindros. Overall, good job Timmy.

I was impressed with Marty's play tonight. He had his usual mishandling of the puck on TO's 1st goal (in fairness to Marty, puckhandling seems to be one thing he did learn from Dom; he just never noticed that Dom did it poorly, in part, because he was bored), but he had no chance on their 2nd. I'm not sure who should have covered Lindros, but Lydman and Rory left him completely alone at Marty's side.

I was very glad to see Vanek get his 3rd. He could have had another in the 1st except Belfour made one of his few good saves against him.

Hopeless, your comment about the refs is very appropriate. After the game, I heard quite a few TO fans whining about the reffing. My thoughts at the time were, the refs didn't beat you; Belfour and the 3rd period were the reasons TO lost tonight.

The world has truly gone topsy turvy. I can't believe that I am the only person posting on this thread that was not impressed with the Sabres tonight. (There were parts I was impressed with, but overall I was disappointed in their play until the 3rd period. I WAS impressed with them in the 3rd, but boy was it a long 40 minutes to get there.) I was at the game tonight and have to say the Sabres are lucky to get the win tonight. If ol' Bats in His Belfour didn't stink, the Sabres would have been looking at their 5th straight.

Grier, until his goal played very poorly. He did not seem to hustle at all. Dumont played what was arguably his worst game ever as a Sabre. He got knocked around a lot and had great difficulty handling the puck. The Leafs outplayed Buffalo slightly in the 1st and tremendously in the 2nd. Buffalo did take the play to Toronto in the 3rd, but they need to put forth a better effort tomorrow or they will be embarassed again. Hopefully the way they played against Carolina and the fact they won tonight will provide them some momentum going into Ottawa, but I do not like the matchups.

Connolly's 1st goal was lucky but his 2nd was pure highlight reel. He also owned Sundin on faceoffs and was even with Lindros. Overall, good job Timmy.

I was impressed with Marty's play tonight. He had his usual mishandling of the puck on TO's 1st goal (in fairness to Marty, puckhandling seems to be one thing he did learn from Dom; he just never noticed that Dom did it poorly, in part, because he was bored), but he had no chance on their 2nd. I'm not sure who should have covered Lindros, but Lydman and Rory left him completely alone at Marty's side.

I was very glad to see Vanek get his 3rd. He could have had another in the 1st except Belfour made one of his few good saves against him.

Hopeless, your comment about the refs is very appropriate. After the game, I heard quite a few TO fans whining about the reffing. My thoughts at the time were, the refs didn't beat you; Belfour and the 3rd period were the reasons TO lost tonight.

Not to be too positive ;)

The game was an example of what could be if certain players showed up once in a while. The got a ton of help from Eddie the Eagle tonight. But you still have to cash in. We all know because the Sabres havn't been the past few weeks.

Again though. You have the Sens. Time to measure up and send a message. If they get rag-dolled again then anything positive from the Leafs game gets tossed out the window.

I thought the Sabres were fortunate to be tied 2-2 going into the 3rd period. Toronto really took it to the Sabres in the first two periods. It seemed like they beat the Sabres to every loose puck and were winning every battle along the boards. To the Sabres credit, they hung in there and played a great 3rd period.

Some other notes...

On the play where Biron was out of the net, if he would have hustled back to the net, it would not have been a goal. Instead he skated without urgency back to his crease and ended up trying to make a desperation poke check. Other than this, I thought Biron played a solid game in net.

I give credit where credit is due...Connolly had a very good game(even though he fired one high and wide from 15 feet late in the 3rd period) :angry: . Also good to see Drury get a couple of points. He flashes skills at times that convince you that he can put up 70 points, but then somehow disappears for long stretches. This shouldn't be happening to a guy who is "supposedly" a hard worker on the ice.

Vanek looks like he has regained his confidence. I liked him on the PP yesterday. There were several times where he was in the slot trying to find some open space with his stick cocked and ready to shoot.

Briere and Dumont have cooled off. I would really like to see Vanek back up with them.

I know this will be tough to find, but the Sabres truly need a blueliner with some size and speed. Not just another journeyman like Numminen or Lydman. Brendan Witt comes to mind immediately. If it means having to give up a high draft pick, a forward currently on the roster or a highly ranked prospect(along with Biron when Miller gets healthy), then so be it.

The way Ottawa is playing, it is going to be a tough road to hoe, but I hope the Sabres are at the very least competitive, unlike the first two meetings with the Senators.

The way Ottawa is playing, it is going to be a tough road to hoe, but I hope the Sabres are at the very least competitive, unlike the first two meetings with the Senators.

This will be a very good opportunity to see the "character" of the team. They had it handed to them in the 1st 2 games. A loss against Ottawa will be acceptable to me provided they are competitive. Getting their butts handed to them will not be acceptable.

Maybe they'll get lucky and Ottawa will come out flat. I don't expect victory tonight, but hey, you never know. Assuming Buffalo skates hard in this game, I think it can help build momentum heading into a stretch of 5 very winnable games. I don't expect the Sabres to win all 5; but if they hustle, taking 4 of 5 is not outside the realm of possibility.

I must be warped, but I am very much looking forward to seeing the game tonight. I'm not sure why, but I do expect them to play much better than their last 2 outings against the Otters.