The Flying Buffalo Logo

PTS

Reebock has nothing to do with what the logo looks like - nothing....

Yes they do. They are in charge of the design process and are the ones who created it.

They solicited concepts from outside designers as well as their own staff designers. They've been working with the Sabres on this new identity project since before the lockout. The Sabres give feedback and final have approval of the logo (wth the NHL's belssing also), but the design is all Reebok.

Yes they do. They are in charge of the design process and are the ones who created it.

They solicited concepts from outside designers as well as their own staff designers. They've been working with the Sabres on this new identity project since before the lockout. The Sabres give feedback and final have approval of the logo (wth the NHL's belssing also), but the design is all Reebok.

I don't care who did the design, all the Sabres had to do was say..."we want an updated version of the originial logo". As long as the Sabres have final approval, no one is to blame except for themselves.

I don't care who did the design, all the Sabres had to do was say..."we want an updated version of the originial logo". As long as the Sabres have final approval, no one is to blame except for themselves.

Totally agree. I'm just giving some background info for those who may not be aware of how the sports licensing/branding machine works.

Archived