Top Free Agent List Per ESPN

CallawaySabres

Signing Peca makes no sense, we are STOCKED at center, not to mention Peca might make this no longer just Drury/ Briere's team (lockeroom), and I don't want to change that.

Good point, I hadnt thought of that, Peca could definately cause some chemistry problems if brought in.

Signing Peca makes no sense, we are STOCKED at center, not to mention Peca might make this no longer just Drury/ Briere's team (lockeroom), and I don't want to change that.

At this point in Peca's career, I don't think that he could take over a locker room (at least THIS locker room). I believe that would be made very clear if he came here. I also do not believe that he would command huge money either especially since certain indications show it would work for both parties involved.

I think we should bring in Sergei Samsonov...He would be a perfect fit to this team...we then trade away Biron and a Player for Draft Picks or a prospect...or even another D-Man.....Just think MAX,ROY AND Sergei....talk about speed and we def be the most dangerious team and we would have that little more scoring power...plus he a great 2-way player....???????

At this point, I would just be happy to see the rest of the team return for a run at the Cup in 2006-2007.

Sabres do noyt need Samsonov...and as for Peca, maybe...but depends on the price tag.

As for signing someone: Are there any backup goalies out there worthy of signing to replace Biron?

I would love to see Samsonov on this team but not at $4 million per year, which is what I think he's going to get somewhere. I'd much rather spend the cash on locking up Briere, Tallinder, etc. That is by far my biggest priority now that we've firmed up the D.

I am really liking what this team looks like. Let's get through arbitration, figure out the Biron situation and get ready to roll. I think the best thing to do with Biron at this point is to hold on another 5 months or so and wait until trade value is up again.. Big salary for a 2nd tender but you have to love him as a safety net.

We all knew that management was not going to make a lot of moves so you should be happy that Spacek is here.

Archived