The Plan on Defense

Chilly

Sucks we lost McKee, doesn't it? I think, though, we'll be fine on defense.

The big reason why is Paetsch. I love the kid. He came into only his second NHL game, in game 7 of the ECF, and played with guts, heart, and got the job done.

I would love to see what this kid would do after spending an off-season with Lindy. McKee is great, he will be missed, but we have a youngster to step up and take his place, which is why I'm not overly worried about his loss. Good for him on that big payday.

Priority #1 right now should be resigning Teppo. I was worried about his age, but he's still a good veteran presence back there. I'd like to see us resign both Janik and Fitzpatrick for depth. Then, I think these pairings would be solid:

Lydman-Tallinder

Kalinin-Campbell

Paetsch-Numminen

Yes, we lost McKee. I like these pairings though, and I am comfortable with having Janik, Fitz, and Jillson as our backups.

I think what this franchise is banking on is that one of the youngsters will step up to fill McKee's role. Paired with a veteran like Teppo, it just might work out fine.

Sucks we lost McKee, doesn't it? I think, though, we'll be fine on defense.

The big reason why is Paetsch. I love the kid. He came into only his second NHL game, in game 7 of the ECF, and played with guts, heart, and got the job done.

I would love to see what this kid would do after spending an off-season with Lindy. McKee is great, he will be missed, but we have a youngster to step up and take his place, which is why I'm not overly worried about his loss. Good for him on that big payday.

Priority #1 right now should be resigning Teppo. I was worried about his age, but he's still a good veteran presence back there. I'd like to see us resign both Janik and Fitzpatrick for depth. Then, I think these pairings would be solid:

Lydman-Tallinder

Kalinin-Campbell

Paetsch-Numminen

Yes, we lost McKee. I like these pairings though, and I am comfortable with having Janik, Fitz, and Jillson as our backups.

I think what this franchise is banking on is that one of the youngsters will step up to fill McKee's role. Paired with a veteran like Teppo, it just might work out fine.

I think we need to sign another vet. Yes, we have to work the kids in, but injuries happen, we all know that, and its better to have a vet ready to go

I think we need to sign another vet. Yes, we have to work the kids in, but injuries happen, we all know that, and its better to have a vet ready to go

Yeah, I also agree that a vet would be nice, but I would also like to give one of the younger kids a shot.

This means that we won't be looking at the more expensive vets, but rather someone who is going to cost more like 1mil/per or less I think if we do go that route, none of the big names that everyone's mentioned I don't think.

I expect Paetch to be in Buffalo for the entire season, but this team is asking for trouble if they go with any combination of Paetch/Janik/Jillson (assuming Janik returns) as their 6th/7th defenseman. Two veterans have to be brought in (counting Teppo).

Archived