Roy and/or JPom to be called up

Two or less

apparenrtly (read WGR article) Afinogenov is happy that roy is back as he hates playing with connelly. interesting. most people are suspecting roy to center kotalik and afinogenov and probably pomiville were grier used to play.

Hecht-Breire-Dumont

Vanek-Drury-Pomiville (hopefully spark vanek and Drury)

Kotalik-Roy-Afino

Peters-Gausted-Mair

any complaints.

apparenrtly (read WGR article) Afinogenov is happy that roy is back as he hates playing with connelly. interesting. most people are suspecting roy to center kotalik and afinogenov and probably pomiville were grier used to play.

Hecht-Breire-Dumont

Vanek-Drury-Pomiville (hopefully spark vanek and Drury)

Kotalik-Roy-Afino

Peters-Gausted-Mair

any complaints.

I don't have a complaint, but I don't see Timmy out of the lineup and Peters in the lineup. Timmy has not played himself out of a spot and Andrew definitely has not played his way into a spot.

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20051104/1032223.asp

Two who were there included center Derek Roy and winger Jason Pominville, the leading scorers on the Rochester Americans. The duo was recalled as a mixture of reinforcement and insurance. Roy leads Rochester with 20 points on seven goals and 13 assists, while Pominville is right behind with 10 goals and four assists in eight games.

"Hopefully, it can just carry on here," Pominville said. "This is the last step to make, and hopefully I'm ready. I think I am, and I hope I can take advantage of it.

Looks like Grier is out, and Tim Connoly and Teppo are probable, but have injuries.

One more thing from the article on the lines:

The absences and arrivals created new lines for the Sabres, although their longevity depends on who dresses tonight.

Briere centered J.P. Dumont and Pominville,

Roy was in the middle of Maxim Afinogenov and Thomas Vanek,

Chris Drury was sandwiched by Ales Kotalik and Jochen Hecht,

and Paul Gaustad worked mostly between Adam Mair and Andrew Peters.

Because there were only four defensemen -

Rory Fitzpatrick, Henrik Tallinder,

Dmitri Kalinin and Brian Campbell - Kotalik occasionally acted as a blue-liner.

I don't have a complaint, but I don't see Timmy out of the lineup and Peters in the lineup. Timmy has not played himself out of a spot and Andrew definitely has not played his way into a spot.

thats my only complaint too... connelly has earned himself a spot for now... he should stay with us... peters... not so much... plus mair and guastad can take care of the gooning part if need be and they at least contribute a little bit... peters does not.

You mentioned 4 d - where was Mckee? and please tell me that if Teppo and Lydman are both out they are at least looking to calling a d up also. I can't believe they would stress over Kotalik working the point on our powere play and then shift him on d at even strength.

You mentioned 4 d - where was Mckee? and please tell me that if Teppo and Lydman are both out they are at least looking to calling a d up also. I can't believe they would stress over Kotalik working the point on our powere play and then shift him on d at even strength.

From the snews article:

Ruff said bruised feet kept center Tim Connolly and defensemen Jay McKee and Teppo Numminen off the ice Thursday. Ruff said all should be able to play tonight.

Archived