Roy and/or JPom to be called up

Two or less

While they're at it, they need to call Michael Leighton up as well. I saw him play against the Sabres in Chicago in Dec 03. He gave up 3 in a 3-2 loss to the Sabres that night and was still the 3rd star.

He certainly can't do much worse than the Swiss Cheese twins tonight.

While they're at it, they need to call Michael Leighton up as well. I saw him play against the Sabres in Chicago in Dec 03. He gave up 3 in a 3-2 loss to the Sabres that night and was still the 3rd star.

haha... yea the sens cut those 2 to ribbons tonight... not too sure a leightonen thats a strech i think with mika and biron focused they could be average at best... leightonen not so much...

Well, having lived in Chicago for the last 3 years and Norfolk Va before that (Chicago's AHL team in there.) I've seen Leighton play abit. The kid is pretty good. He's not Ryan Miller good, but he held his own on a lousy Chicago team for the last couple of seasons before the lock out. He didn't do to bad in Norfolk either.

If the Marty/Mika thing doesn't get much better than tonight, what could it hurt to try Leighton out ?

Well, having lived in Chicago for the last 3 years and Norfolk Va before that (Chicago's AHL team in there.) I've seen Leighton play abit. The kid is pretty good. He's not Ryan Miller good, but he held his own on a lousy Chicago team for the last couple of seasons before the lock out. He didn't do to bad in Norfolk either.

If the Marty/Mika thing doesn't get much better than tonight, what could it hurt to try Leighton out ?

your right it wouldn't hurt i don't think. if this guy could take over... what a steal that would be... however highly doubtful.

Look, you might be right. He may be the best of the three. My point is we may never know. If they bring him up now, they still would be carrying 3 goalies on the roster (I am assuming that Miller goes IR) and again one would be in street clothes on game night. While it appears that Lindy is not interested in giving Noronen a fair chance (his words at the end of training camp) it seems highly unlikely that during the reg. season he would entertain "giving a fair chance" to another goalie. I'm sure if Grier is out for any length of time the will call a skater up for both spots - Roy for sure, I wouldn't be surprised if Janek was the other if Lydman is out for more than a couple more games.Question for those that see Roc. play - Is Janek much worse than Campbell?

Lindy didn't say he wasn't interested in giving him the chance - only that it turned out not to be fair to Mika - I just didn't hear him show concern when he said it. This was about the same time he said that the Goal situation would be finalized by the Monday before the season started.

Swiss chees twins. thats damn classic!

Nobody's going down. They'll put Miller and then Lydman, Pyatt, or Grier on IR to create the roster spots for the call ups.

lydman wont get IR'ed, we need him back asap, and you have to be on ir for a minimum of 7 days i believe, and i dont think ruff wants to take that risk. i think he ruled out putting pyatt on IR as well.

lydman wont get IR'ed, we need him back asap, and you have to be on ir for a minimum of 7 days i believe, and i dont think ruff wants to take that risk. i think he ruled out putting pyatt on IR as well.

Pyatt was diagnosed with a mild concussion, so he has to sit for at least 7 days, so I'd expect him to be put on IR as well.

maybe after it was confirmed, but i still think our daft management wone IR him.

They are going to have to put Miller and someone else on IR if they are going to call up Roy and Pominville.

I'd put Pyatt at the top of the list because he has a concussion and those usually take longer to clear up than say a groin or hip flexor. Especially since there are actual rules that the team has to follow with regards to treating a concussion unlike a groin or hip flexor.

They are going to have to put Miller and someone else on IR if they are going to call up Roy and Pominville.

I'd put Pyatt at the top of the list because he has a concussion and those usually take longer to clear up than say a groin or hip flexor. Especially since there are actual rules that the team has to follow with regards to treating a concussion unlike a groin or hip flexor.

ah good point, forgot that. well lets see if they do call them up first.

Leighton would probably have to clear waivers to be sent back down when the time comes. Not sure the Sabres want to take that chance.

He has already cleared once. Of course, this line of conversation is completely pointless. The only way he gets called up is if Marty or Mika get hurt.

It's official now. There's a story on the Amerks webpage that both players have been called up to Buffalo.

Thank god.

It's good to know help is on it's way. Derek Roy should have been with us all season long.

Anybody know what number Pominville will be?

Archived