GAME THREAD

Seannie34

"a beating" means nothing.

The Sabres should keep their pride and play their game. This is a measure game. It gives them a point of reference for the next stretch of games. They have beeen playing some bad hockey over the past couple of weeks so maybe this will knock them back in stride.

naw... thats boreing... we need to see a physical domination... an injury ridden ottawa team thats now, even if just a little bit... afraid... yea maybe not of us... but it'll show em that they can't skate around like that against us anymore cuze there gonna get hit...

And yea its a bad way to play and its a cheap way to play... guess what... who cares... you want pride... lay em out on the ice... memories of barnaby and legacy last night.... i could see peters going knee on knee with heatley :D one can only hope :)

Well, back to the asskicking. Thing is, the way the Sabres are playing, they'd survive against the Islanders or some team like that. The Sens are that damned good. And memo to the NHL: Please suspend Havlat for 6 games next time, even if it requires a face-to-face meeting. We'd appreciate it here in Buffalo.

I'll tell you what I'm even more worried about. No word on how long Miller's out. Grier went down with an injury, and McKee looked like he hurt himself on his last shot block.

i hear that... if we didn't need re-enforcments before... we NEED EM NOW! REGIER get on the phone!

You guys are funny :lol:

What did you expect.

You sit two goalies for the first month of the season. Give one a token start. And then expect them to shut down the best team in hockey.

Take a good look at the Sen's.

They have had the same problems off the ice as Buffalo has had. They even have to deal with the currencey issue. And yet they are miles and miles ahead of the Sabres.

And by the way. Who is the Sen's GM? Who traded for Heatley?

OK. Come on. Start posting on how Regier is a great GM. Larry Quinn is moron. Getting rid of Muckler and signing the cheapest priced guy they could find. Muckler is building a Cup team in Ottawa just like he did in Buffalo. I doubt they will be as stupid as Quinn was and fire him before he is done. ;)

Guest monkeygirl

whoa, this is getting gross. 9-3 is just disgusting, but I didn't have much fait in this game to begin with and even less after I heard miller was not starting.

I just hope they can rebound big time on friday night when I'm at the gameeeee.

But this sucks really bad. Havlat needs to get "taken out".....subtletly.....make him go away.....for good. :ph34r:

whoa, this is getting gross. 9-3 is just disgusting, but I didn't have much fait in this game to begin with and even less after I heard miller was not starting.

I just hope they can rebound big time on friday night when I'm at the gameeeee.

But this sucks really bad. Havlat needs to get "taken out".....subtletly.....make him go away.....for good. :ph34r:

no no that whole first ottawa line should be shot in the parking lot... no one is allowed to be that good... maybe im being harsh... maybe not... but lets face it... it was about 2 inchs away from being 11-4... were getting a bag of pucks for biron gaurenteed now.

What did you expect.

You sit two goalies for the first month of the season. Give one a token start. And then expect them to shut down the best team in hockey.

They have had the same problems off the ice as Buffalo has had. They even have to deal with the currencey issue. And yet they are miles and miles ahead of the Sabres.

OK. Come on. Start posting on how Regier is a great GM. Larry Quinn is moron. Getting rid of Muckler and signing the cheapest priced guy they could find. Muckler is building a Cup team in Ottawa just like he did in Buffalo. I doubt they will be as stupid as Quinn was and fire him before he is done.  ;)

The Sens also had the 2nd overall draft pick when they came into the league and 4 straight years of finishing dead last overall. Give the Sabres (or any team) essentially the top drafting position for 5 straight seasons and they will most likely have a good nucleus to build upon. (It worked for Colorado as well.)

The Sens also in my opinion have the best scouting department in hockey.

Yes, Muckler is a better GM than Regier and you ABSOLUTELY HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD w/ regard to Larry. Larry coming back was the primary reason I was leary of the Golisano bid. Muckler brought in Heatley and Dom. He did not bring in Alfreddson, Havlat, Spezza, Chara, etc.

What could Darcy have offered Atlanta for Heatley, just out of curiosity? Ottawa had Hossa available (who Muckler did not bring to Ottawa by the way), do you think Atlanta might have been willing to give him to the Sabres for Dumont or even Satan had the Sabres re-signed him?

What did you expect.

OK. Come on. Start posting on how Regier is a great GM. Larry Quinn is moron. Getting rid of Muckler and signing the cheapest priced guy they could find. Muckler is building a Cup team in Ottawa just like he did in Buffalo. I doubt they will be as stupid as Quinn was and fire him before he is done. ;)

I didn't expect them to shut down the Sens. I didn't think we were going to win tonight, even with Miller in (I have him in my fantasy league and he is sitting on the bench tonight), but I expected us to hold them to single digits!

And you will never see me say Regier is a great GM.

Guest monkeygirl

Well that was fun!!!! Can't wait til the next meeting, and the one after that, and the one after that, and the one after that, and the one after that, and the one after that :rolleyes:

I don't know what to think of Drury anymore. I guess I was expecting him to play like he did in Colorado, but obviously that is impossible without Sakic, Forsberg, Tanguay, Hejduk and company.

I really reallly realllly wish they would make a trade, a good solid trade. For a good solid defenseman to partner up with McKee, for a solid and respectable playmaker, for someone solid. This idleness will only take us so far and that won't be far enough this season.

OMGGGGGGGG, Ryan Miller is out 6-8 weeks with a broken thumb! UGHHHHH

UGHHHH

UGHHHHHHH

UGHHHHHHHH