Bisons Hockey Jersey

bottlecap

can ya explain why a bottle cap???? I had seen this jersey many times and I guess I might not be old enough to understand the meaning.

The Pepsi Cola Buffalo Bottling Company owners (the Pastors) were the owners of the Bisons in the late '50's and '60's.

It's called free advertising. :D

can ya explain why a bottle cap???? I had seen this jersey many times and I guess I might not be old enough to understand the meaning.

The Pastor brothers, who bottled Pepsi-cola in Buffalo, bought the Bisons and figured using a Pepsi cap as a logo was good advertising. If you go to the Pepsi Center in Amherst, the story of the Pastors is on a plaque on the wall. I think they may have owned a small piece of the Sabres along with the Knox's.

I'm still waiting for the Sabres to have a "Pepsi" night and wear those jerseys.

PTR

The Pastor brothers, who bottled Pepsi-cola in Buffalo, bought the Bisons and figured using a Pepsi cap as a logo was good advertising. If you go to the Pepsi Center in Amherst, the story of the Pastors is on a plaque on the wall. I think they may have owned a small piece of the Sabres along with the Knox's.

I'm still waiting for the Sabres to have a "Pepsi" night and wear those jerseys.

PTR

Hey PTR how was the trip to Raleigh , I know we lost but overall how was the experience??

Archived