Now that it's all over

Corp000085

Ok, the playoff injury spin is over... what's the exact status of teppo's groin? is it damaged enough to lead to his retirement?

Connolly's head... How bad was his concussion? IS he at a lindros state yet? Did he break his jaw/nose/facial bones with that check?

Mckee's leg... Ok, for a guy to play 30 minutes in one game, and then be hospitalized the next day, he must have been seriously injured, to the point of being life threatening... What's his status, and will it affect his contract decisions...

Kalinin's ankle... surgery?

Any other hidden injuries? Dumont?? max? drury? any of these guys have a hidden mystery injury??

I just hope that this offseason they reset and realize that they're so close to winning it all... This was a year of zero expectations... Next year, the pressure is on. I don't want to say it, because it hasn't happened yet, but i think its conference championship, or stanley cup championship or bust for these guys. They're just that good...

A little pressure for history repeating itself - the last time the Sabres lost in the conference finals they followed up that loss in 98 with a Cup final run in 99!

In this intoxicating state we need to remember that duplicating the chemistry, a key ingredient this year, is VERY difficult to capture, bottle, and keep.

Any other hidden injuries? Dumont?? max? drury? any of these guys have a hidden mystery injury??

I've been wondering about kotalik for a while. Am I crazy, or did we just completely abandon, after the Olympic break, the get-it-to-al-in-his-wheelhouse-for-the-high-percentage-rick-martin-slapper component of our offense? That component was pretty GD productive in the 1st half of the season, and it seemed like it just stopped. It also seemed to me that, after the Olympics and in the playoffs, he shot a lot more wristers and snap shots from the point than slappers. He also got one off last night that I could see clearly all the way from his stick to ward's save (and no, I was not watching in HD; that's another body blow that I've recently had to absorb, but it's a complaint for another day). Previously, al's big shots were either a blur or not visible at all.

I'm thinking he might have a shoulder or arm injury of some kind that was kept quiet.

Just a theory I wanted to get on record as I begin the loooooooonng spinning of wheels from now 'til October.

Go Sabres.

I've been wondering about kotalik for a while. Am I crazy, or did we just completely abandon, after the Olympic break, the get-it-to-al-in-his-wheelhouse-for-the-high-percentage-rick-martin-slapper component of our offense? That component was pretty GD productive in the 1st half of the season, and it seemed like it just stopped. It also seemed to me that, after the Olympics and in the playoffs, he shot a lot more wristers and snap shots from the point than slappers. He also got one off last night that I could see clearly all the way from his stick to ward's save (and no, I was not watching in HD; that's another body blow that I've recently had to absorb, but it's a complaint for another day). Previously, al's big shots were either a blur or not visible at all.

I'm thinking he might have a shoulder or arm injury of some kind that was kept quiet.

Just a theory I wanted to get on record as I begin the loooooooonng spinning of wheels from now 'til October.

Go Sabres.

Been wondering exactly that myself. Where was his onetimer? Haven't seen it in ages.

Forward Tim Connolly admitted he sustained a concussion in Game 2 of Buffalo's second-round series against Ottawa. Connolly missed the entire 2003-04 season because of post-concussion syndrome.

Defenseman Henrik Tallinder, who broke his left forearm in Game 3 of the Carolina series is hopeful the bone will heal without the need for surgery. He expects to be ready by training camp in September.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-s...ov=ap&type=lgns

Realistically, it sounds like only McKee would have been back for the finals. He said he might have been ready for game 2. Teppo was maybe a possibility but you get the feeling he would only be 50% at best later in the round. Connolly, Tallinder and Kalinin were no way going to play.

Archived