Next Year

MichFan

As devastating as the turn of events has been that led to the Sabres being eliminated from the playoffs, I have to say I am already fired up for next year. These playoffs showed what this team is capable of, the tremendous depth that we are developing at Rochester, and revealed a couple of warts that I would think can easily be adressed.

Golisano has this franchise at the precipice of Buffalo's hopes and dreams. Let's see if he can finish it off. Bring back the Blue and Gold uni's we love so dearly, keep the chemistry together, spend a little more in a couple of places. The fans will make it worth the investment. Next year could be magical.

Thanks so much to the '05-'06 Sabres for a gutsy run. Now on to the '06-'07 Sabres. I'm already dreaming about the Blue and Gold raising the cup.

Yeah well, we're not the only ones to ever lose in a conference final.

Truth be told, I'd rather lose a conference final due to injuries, than a final to a bad call, like in 99.

Plus, even if we had squeaked by Carolina, what shape would we have been in against The Oilers?

What I'm particularly looking forward to now though, is how The DivingCanes will match up against a healthy, well-rested scrappy team with a great goalie.

Boy, if they think they've had to work for a living so far, they're in for a surprise.

Plus, even if we had squeaked by Carolina, what shape would we have been in against The Oilers?

This is something I was wondering about this morning and will probably never know...Could Connolly, Kalinin, Teppo and Mckee have played in the finals?

This is something I was wondering about this morning and will probably never know...Could Connolly, Kalinin, Teppo and Mckee have played in the finals?

During the 1st intermission, Brad Riter said that Teppo stated that he would play on Monday if the Sabres had a game that day.

No definitive word on any of the others, but I'd have expected to see all the rest at some point during the Finals. They said during the game that Timmy flew down to Carolina, so he must have been close to ready.

Archived