Report from RBC Center

PromoTheRobot

Sabres Alley was in full swing by 3:30pm. My conservative estimate was 1,500 to 2,000 Sabres fans. There were also about as many Raleigh cops! The kept riding their bikes and motorcycles through the crowd about every two minutes to remind any troublemakers they are on the job. Apparently they thought a Hell's Angels convention was in town.

We went into RBC at about 6:30pm to catch the team when they came out for warmups. Several hundred Sabres fans were chanting "Let's Go Buffalo!" non-stop. We also came up with "You Can't Sell Out!" to cheese off the 'Canes fans. Once the Sabres came out, security chased us back to our seats. But apparently, if you are a 'Canes fan, you are allowed to stand along the glass to watch warmups.

RBC Center is a pretty nice building. It's like HSBC, but with an extra club level, so the upper deck seats are in the stratosphere. The food is pretty good too. I had the Carolina BBQ sandwich, and I have to say it was delicious and well worth $6.

The upper deck was full of Sabres fans. I wonder if anyone could hear us chanting? It was "Let's Go BUFF-A-LO!!!" non-stop during the the first two periods. Unfortunately, I chose to sit in the end where the Sabres shot twice, but all 6 goals were scored in the far end.

It was tough watching them lose, especially those who drove all the way from Buffalo. Tough loss, great season. Good to meet Navy Bills Fan and Corp.

PTR

I heard the Lets Go Buff-a-lo chant loud & clear on OLN -

the announcers had the nerve to claim it was Lets Go Hurricanes - didn't sound anything like that.

John Davidson is the biggest putz I've ever heard do analysis (worse than Melrose). He stays totally silent when the Sabres are tearing it up then starts raving about Carolina when the finally clear their zone. He should marry Staal or Cammie and have their babies - what an absolute disgrace to the NHL to have such biased reporting!

Just got back from Raleigh. I was directly behind where the Sabres shot twice. It was a great game though. I would say our end of the arena was very heavy for the Sabres. Everytime you heard a Lets Go Hurricanes is was to drown out the Lets Go Buffalo and Sabres chants.

I will say we got to see the save that Miller had in the second period where he absolutely robbed the Hurricane with a nasty glove save. The second intermission was crazy. For 20 minutes it was great to be a Sabres fan.

Hats off to the boys though. They played their hearts out. They battled through injuries and a depleted defense to make it to game 7 and be 20 minutes from the Stanley Cup Finals. Thank you Sabres.

It was a great 2 weeks for me. Got to see the Game 1 win, went to Game 5 and ended up having relations with a girl who was a Sabres fan after the game and got to go to a Game 7. Lets hope the Sabres resign Mckee and add some defensive help.

I gotta get up and go to work at 6am but it was worth every moment of it.

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note:

During the second intermission a "Beef on Wick" chant got going outside on the smoking level and the usher woman asked what a Beef on Wick was :lol:

the announcers had the nerve to claim it was Lets Go Hurricanes - didn't sound anything like that.

John Davidson is the biggest putz I've ever heard do analysis (worse than Melrose). He stays totally silent when the Sabres are tearing it up then starts raving about Carolina when the finally clear their zone. He should marry Staal or Cammie and have their babies - what an absolute disgrace to the NHL to have such biased reporting!

funny.

I don't understand WHY OLN has such a hardon for Raleigh. What I hate about watching a game on OLN is the stupid stories during the game. "A product of North Bootlick Ontario, he moved to South Africa in the 2nd grade." CALL THE DAMN GAME.

Hey, i met up with PTR and navybillsfan in Sabres Alley... I'll have those pictures up later, so you guys can see us all in our sunburned glory. By the way, hockey jerseys are not meant for 95 and sunny... i almost ripped mine when i finally took iut off last midnight... Even though we lost, it was a GREAT experience, and honestly, i wouldn't change a thing...

I have to admit, I've never partied as hard as I did in Sabres alley yesterday. I drove 12 hours and it was well worth it just for those 3 hours, and the end of the second into intermission. I sat in 317 and not only my section but the ones around us were filled with Sabres fans it was AMAZING!!!!!

Archived