June 1, 2006 A day of Infamy

wjag

News and Observer online addition

Dateline: RBC Center

Raleigh. June 1, 2006. In what can only be described by city police as the most brazen crime ever committed in Raleigh, the suspect Ryan Miller (age 25) robbed the Carolina Hurricanes of the right to go to the Stanley Cup Finals. What has police baffled is that the crime was committed in front of 16000 witnesses. Post game interviews with witnesses paint a completely fuzzy picture of just who Ryan Miller is. Seems that no two individuals gave the same description as he was heavily padded and masked. Although several eyewitnesses reported seeing long black hair. Ryan Miller reportedly had accomplices although most Hurricanes interviewed could not remember their first names. And even more astonishing is that these felons were bold enough to have their names on the back of their Jerseys. Eyewitnesses reported see fast moving thieves with the names of Drury, Briere, Pominville, Gaustad, Campbell and Lydman. Finally in what seems to be a complete breakdown in lockerroom security, the 25 cases of champagne the Hurricanes had on ice were missing. If you have any information please call the crimestopper number 1-NOT-THIS-YEAR.

No you're not....

You're asking for this miracle now...and then you'll want four more. You're selfish like that.

The Goat

You know, you started out sounding pretty level-headed and like a hockeyfan in general, but lately all you've been doing is prove yourself a troll.

No need for that on this board or any board for that matter, so I'll make you a deal : You don't troll on our board, and I won't troll on yours. Sound fair enough to you? Does to me.

You know, you started out sounding pretty level-headed and like a hockeyfan in general, but lately all you've been doing is prove yourself a troll.

No need for that on this board or any board for that matter, so I'll make you a deal : You don't troll on our board, and I won't troll on yours. Sound fair enough to you? Does to me.

Kristian, I think he was just trying to be funny. I didn't read any bad intentions into it. He's right, if we win tonight we will want four more.

Oh, well sorry for the post then, guess I'm just a little edgy.

I'm pretty GD edgy myself.

FWIW, I think Mr. Goat has been a knowledgeable and respectful poster and a welcome presence on the board.

I still want his team to fall of the table tonight, although something tells me it's gonna be another nail-biter.

Go Sabres.

No you're not....

You're asking for this miracle now...and then you'll want four more. You're selfish like that.

The Goat

Tonight we need a miracle.

We can beat Edmonton fairly easily assuming we can get back McKee and 2 of the others... prolly Teppo and Kalinin. I don't see Connolly playing at all.

Archived