Oilers Fans Seem to Think Buffalo is The Easier Opponent...

matter2003

I think they need to remember the old saying "Be careful what you ask for, you may just get it."

Personally, I think the Oilers are a quick, offensive team that plays no defense. Without Rollison in net, they would have been knocked out in the first round against Detroit. I think we have already proven that we can beat a "hot" goalie...Ward's save percentage is well under .900 against us, while it was in the .930 range for the other 2 series.

It's pretty easy to stop one or two lines, but I think they would have a little more trouble with our 4 lines. The Oilers do not strike fear into me at all. I think we would let them attack and then force turnovers and go on an endless game of 2 on 1's or 3 on 2's against them.

Also found it interesting that they think their team has more "grit" than ours does... I think they would find out differently in short order.

I think a depleted Sabres lineup with five-eight more games to play has to be the choice of Edmonton. Why would you want a healthy Carolina team? I think a three day rest will be good for the ECF champ.

The Oilers are on a great run and have every reason to feel confident. They beat some really good teams to get where they are.

Considering the Sabres injury problem you can see why they would want the Sabres. Still it doesn't say much about how the fans feel about their team. You would think they would want to play a healthy team playing their best.

Instead of scouting opponents. Maybe they should worry about sitting around for a week and a half. When a player sits that long it takes him a game or two to get his legs back. That could be deadly for a team in a 7 game series.

The Oilers are like mini Sabres. No matter what happens in game 7, the east will win the cup. The west IMO is very easy. They look good, but when 2 crappy teams play vs each other they look better then they are.

Polish,

I would never, ever, ever call any team with Chris Pronger on it 'crappy.' His presence alone makes a team competitive.

Right now, there is no player more dominant in the world.

I am not given to predictions but I will say this: regardless of who wins tomorrow night the Cup finals will be, game-per-game, one of the nastiest, most tightly contested in recent memory.

Even if Buffalo had all their regulars, Edmonton has the best defence of any team in the playoffs. Jason Smith is a nasty SOB. Steve Staios is a solid performer with a physical edge. While Bergeron and Spacek are both mobile, ornery buggers.

This is to say nothing of a forward corps which includes Horcoff, Torres, Ethen Moreau, Samsonov, Smyth, Hemsky and Pisani.

These are all dangerous, speedy players and, with the exeption of Samsonov, all are effective in laying the body.

And you think Buffalo has fans? They've been turning over cars and starting fires in the streets since round 1 in Edmonton.

Top to bottom Edmonton is scary.

The Goat

Polish,

I would never, ever, ever call any team with Chris Pronger on it 'crappy.' His presence alone makes a team competitive.

Right now, there is no player more dominant in the world.

Well one player doesn't make a team. Also, did you just say that Pronger is the most dominant player in the world??? He's a beast i'll give you that, but the best <_<

Archived