Troubles been a brewin"

phSabres84

• Maxim Afinogenov no goals in seven games

• Jochen Hecht no goals in eight games

• Mike Grier no goals in nine games

• Neither Gaustad nor Pyatt have scored in the playoffs

>>> Interesting little nugget - Tim Connolly has only played 8 of the 16 games to date in the playoffs and still ranks 5th scoring.

>>>Biggest telling sign of the trouble festering, beside the clearly public rift developing between Briere and Ruff, is that only 3 players have scored 8 of the Sabres last 13 goals .

This is not a condemnation of the team, but simply an analysis of the series and the playoffs...

Go SABRES!

My list of MIA include (in no order):

1. Dumont

2. Miller

3. Gaustad

4. Pominville

5. Afinogenov

6. Ruff

Ruff and Miller make my list. Ruff needs to out coach that dude who brought Olympic Shame to our shores and Miller needs to STEAL THAT GAME...

I want to believe the following after game 3. Ruff looked at his roster and essentially offered up the next two games to rebuild the team chemistry with the rooks. He has been playing for game 6 all along. He nearly got an early return on that strategy in Game 5. I suspect we needed this seasoning. It starts tonight on Home Ice.

I want to believe the following after game 3. Ruff looked at his roster and essentially offered up the next two games to rebuild the team chemistry with the rooks. He has been playing for game 6 all along. He nearly got an early return on that strategy in Game 5. I suspect we needed this seasoning. It starts tonight on Home Ice.

Jag,

I've never seen anyone make a two game losing streak, in the playoffs no less, sound so encouraging.

You should have an award for optimism named after you.

The Goat

• Maxim Afinogenov no goals in seven games

• Jochen Hecht no goals in eight games

• Mike Grier no goals in nine games

• Neither Gaustad nor Pyatt have scored in the playoffs

>>> Interesting little nugget - Tim Connolly has only played 8 of the 16 games to date in the playoffs and still ranks 5th scoring.

>>>Biggest telling sign of the trouble festering, beside the clearly public rift developing between Briere and Ruff, is that only 3 players have scored 8 of the Sabres last 13 goals .

This is not a condemnation of the team, but simply an analysis of the series and the playoffs...

Go SABRES!

How bout a link to this rift between Briere and Ruff????

I would prefer to believe there is a plan. I just never accepted that rooks could be put in the lineup without an impact. We'll see, optimist or fool. In three hours we'll know.

Lindy talked to Brieres line before game 3 I believe about them needing to produce, Briere went out and had a great game. Then after game 4, Ruff said the loss was because they couldn't finish (basically calling out the forwards. Briere then said it was the defence because the forwards stayed back at the start to help the young defence out and thats why they didn't play well. Ruff then said if they believe that he has got to coach them better and get them not to believe that.

I wouldn't call it a riff, I just think its a little frustration on both Ruff and Briere comming outr in the media

Lindy talked to Brieres line before game 3 I believe about them needing to produce, Briere went out and had a great game. Then after game 4, Ruff said the loss was because they couldn't finish (basically calling out the forwards. Briere then said it was the defence because the forwards stayed back at the start to help the young defence out and thats why they didn't play well. Ruff then said if they believe that he has got to coach them better and get them not to believe that.

I wouldn't call it a riff, I just think its a little frustration on both Ruff and Briere comming outr in the media

Thanx this is what I had heard as well. Now we need the line to step it up in game 7 and control action like we did in game 5 however keeping up the intensity the rest of the game.

Archived