Alright, I've officially lost my marbles.

nfreeman

Is it wrong for a grown man to love a hockey team? Because I love the Sabres. Even if it ends tonight, I love this team.

I love that our coach played 10 years for our team. I love that our new owner is a smart, successful man who didn't panic, recognized that our coach and GM were working under extraordinarily difficult circumstances under prior ownership and gave them another shot to prove themselves. I love that our coach and GM don't complain about not having the same resources as some other teams -- they just devise a plan to maximize what they have and execute it. I love the new arena. I love that ticket prices are the lowest in the league.

I love that we NEVER quit. I love that we got waxed by Ottawa 3 times in a row, then came back and beat them, with Dominik, 2-1 in a shootout -- and then took them out of the playoffs. I love that I will never hear the score 7-6 again without thinking about game 1 of that series.

I love that this team is all about supporting each other and is never about the individual. I love that I think every single guy on the team would go through a wall to help win a game for his teammates. I love that Kalinin, under heavy criticism all year, came flying in to help McKee in a fight when McKee was off balance and in trouble. I love that a high draft pick who scored a lot of goals during the regular season doesn't get minutes in the playoffs if he doesn't earn them.

I love that we beat Philly in the playoffs AGAIN.

I love that my dad, my brother, my son and I all love the Sabres.

and...

I love that last night I dreamed that Derek Roy won game 6 for us in OT and that I think it's actually gonna happen that way.

Go Sabres.

I think we are in perfect position to reedeem ourselves for our 2001 meltdown against Pittsburgh. I think we will fight through and pull it out tonight, and then stick it home in Raleigh in game 7. Hello home ice advantage in the Cup Finals.

Archived