Done with Rory...

OhioSabreFan

I think he tries hard, and is a good team guy, but he is just too slow. I think that Janik is too slow to ever play in the NHL too.

I thought Jillson is fast enough to eventually play more in the NHL. He needs to work on defensive zone coverage. He may still have a chance to be a late bloomer. Offensively he seems to see the ice well enough.

Don't worry, Darcy will definitely address the defense in the offseason, there is no reason to think otherwise. I could see Marty being traded for one. Mmmm, Chris Pronger.....haha just kidding.

Sign McKee, keep Tallinder, Lydman, Kalinin, Campbell, send Fitzy to Rochacha again and go splurge on like 2 or 3 defensemen. Come on Tommy G, you can almost taste victory, you have to make sure that come October, we are an empire that no team can destroy, muahahahaha. You made a profit, now go spend it, that's what I always do!!!!!!

We are NOT DONE, we will win Game 6 and we will go to game 7 and there will BE a game 7 and someone will WIN that game 7 and whoever wins THAT game 7 will go to THE stanley CUP finals and play the EDMonton oilers and it will GO at least 4 games and someone WILL win the STANLEY cup and so on and so forth....

I would cut Fitzpatrick loose. I believe he is an UFA so I would just let him walk. I would also trade Biron for a D-man, and re-sign Jay McKee if he isn't asking for an outrageous amount of $$. There is also the question of whether Tempo will retire. If he does retire you could see a very different Defense with perhaps 3 out of 6 new guys if McKee signs elsewhere. And honestly this would be fine with me. That all being said this year isn't over yet, Sabres in 7!!!

I hope that they resign McKee as now he's obviously shown that he can play in the new NHL which I thought was part of their reasoning for not giving him a new contract before the year. I would hate to lose him but I'm almost expecting it the way we always operate when it comes to resigning players. I also agree that I think they are going to move Biron as his salary seems pretty big to be No. 2. It looks like Leighton would be the No. 2 guy next year. I'm also of the opinion that Numminen might retire since he has that heart problem. So we might see a pretty different D next year.

Don't worry, Darcy will definitely address the defense in the offseason, there is no reason to think otherwise. I could see Marty being traded for one. Mmmm, Chris Pronger.....haha just kidding.

Just like he was definitly going to address it at the trade deadline this year?

I seriously hope I'm wrong and he does, but I don't see it happening, I have a feeling even if Buffalo loses tomorrow night that Darcy and Tommy G are pretty content with their current roster and the way things have worked out, they won't be going out and splurging on a shopping spree in FA. They may replace the few players they lose to FA, but will probably try to keep the same team they have now, and bring in a couple of the kids in Rochester.

I can't stand Fitzpatrick... He takes too many stupid a$$ penalties... And it cost us tonight... How about keeping your poise in a big game. I hope he's not on next year's version of the Buffalo Sabres. NUFF SAID.

There is a reason he was the Sabres 7th defenseman. What are they going to do, they have no choice but to play him. I could see him filling the same role next year or possibly spending the season in Rochester.

Archived